Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the safeway today when this green car went past and I recognised it as an EA by the tail lights. It was resprayed in a lighter shade but very close to BP green. I was also missing the grey plastic peice down the side with the silver/red strip. What caught my attention though was as it turned the corner in the i noticed it had a clear front indicator - from an ef/el. I drove around the parking lot and found it and indeed, it had an EF front. Had EF headlights, bumper etc. It didn't look that great either. Sort of like a tryhard car if you know what I mean? Some people aye?

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
I've heard of this being done - someone once posted a link on our old forums.

As long as the owner is happy with it I guess ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, I think Kypez Has an EF XR6 front End, on an EA S pac !

Thing Looks absolutely sweeet !
Took a While for me to realise that the car was origninaly an EA derivative, and actually impressed me more that he went to all that trouble to convert an EA to an EF XR !

·
Death to Camry's!
1,375 Posts
I saw some guy driving round Adelaide in a dark blue XF with an EL XR front end on it.. How did he do it you ask? Well the XH XR utes front quarter panels bolt on nicely to the XD-F series falcons. Looked a bit odd though.

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
MightyNA said:
I saw some guy driving round Adelaide in a dark blue XF with an EL XR front end on it.. How did he do it you ask? Well the XH XR utes front quarter panels bolt on nicely to the XD-F series falcons. Looked a bit odd though.
hehe that would look odd, but original! Personally I am most fond of the XD styling (out of XD-XE-XF) because the front and rear is most cohesive, yet attractive. Having the front and rear styling of a car 20 years apart isn't the look I would go for personally. :s3

·
Registered
695 Posts
EL front on a XF......
WHY?

·
351 - What a magic number
772 Posts
MightyNA said:
The front panels don't simply bolt on actually...

There is a great deal of work involved in replacing the radiator support panel, as well as modifying both of the inner guard panels to allow the bonnet to close in the correct position.

The XH front is much lower in profie to that of the XD-XG panels originally used.

There was a couple of magazines a while back, (I think one was Street Machine), which featured a silver XD ute with such a conversion. From memory, in the article, the owner was asked if he'd do such a job again, and he stated something like, "No way"!

Ed :)

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
oh damn someone posted this before me i considered it for my ute before i whacked the ZL Fairlane front on but its going now looks mighty crappy at the mo needs a paint

the dude that has the one in street machine isnt the guy that did the modifications.
it was in performance street car bout 2 years ago with for sale on it - and a couple of months after it was in the sidebar that it had been sold (i think his wife gave him the ultimatum!!!) anyways they guy in streetmachine that is now the owner said he did all the work and was caught out a couple of mags later by the guy that did it he wrote in pissed off like you wouldnt believe saying how the guy was a fraud and that

n e ways my 2 cents

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Half ED, Half XG ???

You might be interested in this one. The original XH prototype ute. ED sedan front panels on XG ute rear. XH utes had the full front frame rails, suspension etc. of the sedans

Known as the White_Knight internally due to the colour and as a saviour for the Falcon Ute. Panels joined by a weld of the ED guard to XF/G guard (just in front of the side marker) and also the extension to the rear of the ED bonnet. AFAIK it still lives at the Ford proving grounds and was driven around undisguised during testing.

·
351 - What a magic number
772 Posts
Uteman, you're correct about the article appearing in Street Machine, and how the original owner was pissed off......
I didn't blame him one bit..
Hey did you recently sell a large Greens-tuff Falcon poster on E-Bay???? If you did, I'm the bloke who bought it!!

Ed :)

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
when isaw the article how he was saying he "made" the guards by sectioning them and everythnig i thought you wanker! (as i knew a bit bout the cars history) i was going to write in myself but i thought it wasnt my place to do so i was heaps pleased when the original owner/ builder wrote in

anyways did ya see the radiator??? it had to be layed back on a bit of an angle so that it would all fit (big 4 core) as the EF has a big rake on the nose the rocker covers only "just" had enough room under the bonnet (i think they are rubbing on the felt mat now lol)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts