Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This falcon was parked near my work today, I thought it looked good, so I took some digital snaps. :)

Its painted in that harlequin colour. Looks quite good.

Has nice alloys and Standard body kit. Has been lowered a bit too.
 

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
That's an awesome colour. goes really well with those alloys too.

man I hate not having money!!
 

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford Man, No I couldnt really tell. The Side Skirts covered the spot where the intech badges go.

But, it did have a BIG exhaust. very wide. I should have waited around for the owner to get back! :)

I just seen it drive past while I was at lunch. NIIICE changes from blue, to pink, to purple, and then organge..


HEY LAMINGE, your XR would like nice that colour mate :)
 

·
BSR
Joined
·
2,279 Posts
Looks nice, not sure about the wheels:eek:

Would be a nightmare if some $#@hole scratched it:(
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
XLR8 said:
Would be a nightmare if some $#@hole scratched it:(
My uncle owns a panel shop and he reckons these "filp" colours are a piece of piss to match. Because they change colours so often from all different angles, all you need to do is paint the panel and you're off. So he reckons anyway.. :confused:
 

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
Ford Man said:

My uncle owns a panel shop and he reckons these "filp" colours are a piece of piss to match. Because they change colours so often from all different angles, all you need to do is paint the panel and you're off. So he reckons anyway.. :confused:
This is a fact. Harlequin paint is about the easiest paint to match, you don't even have to paint the whole panel. (but at $1000/lt that's an expensive touch up job!)

:cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
Gotta admit the paint looks great though, saw one when I was in KFC with Ford Man today while I was on my way home from Bathurst.
Whew, you guys sure have kept me busy reading the threads this arvo :D
One more thing, I want an AU real bad ;)
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Geez I gotta get out more! That colour looks MAD.:nuts: I haven't seen it on any cars getting around in my travels.
A mate used to have his XB painted a similar colour, "peacock"
or something. A bit darker with a bit more blue, but it changed colour depending on where you looked at it from. :cool:
Russell.
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
i cannot see the point of paying $500 litre for a paint job like that and driven it everyday.

I agree it looks "Sick F_c_en" but he gotto have more sense than money.

Hey but who am i to talk!
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
One more thing, I want an AU real bad ;)
So you liked the little test drive then... ;) :D
 

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Thats why I stick to driving later model commodores, because I couldn't care less how they drive (my god are VS commodore station wagons ****) but if I drive a late model Falcon it makes me want to get rid of my old XF and update. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
Adam W said:
Thats why I stick to driving later model commodores, because I couldn't care less how they drive (my god are VS commodore station wagons ****) but if I drive a late model Falcon it makes me want to get rid of my old XF and update. :D
Yeah I drove a VS a while ago and had no desire to upgrade, but now i've driven the AU :eek:
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Yeah I drove a VS a while ago and had no desire to upgrade, but now i've driven the AU :eek:
Just think, it would've gone harder if I didn't crunch 3rd gear... :D
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
You did what...????? assume the position
You need some serious help DOC.. ;)
Nah we just went for a casual drive on a nice wide open road. ;) :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

Just think, it would've gone harder if I didn't crunch 3rd gear... :D
Like you said thats what the oil is for... as well as the fact it's a fleet car :D

Now back to the work of trying to find out how to get the same power as your car in my lighter XF without it being very noticable as to the exterior of the engine ;)
Then to finding the money to build it :D
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Now back to the work of trying to find out how to get the same power as your car in my lighter XF
See if you can find a dinged up AU and do an engine swap.. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top