Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing some mods. Not sure on were to start! Already have the T3 herrod exhaust system.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a T3 TS50 with the full herrod 300kw upgrade, well worth the effort. Chip exhaust, cams and valves pulls 300HP atrw. Ask herrods for more info.

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
The T3 is an awesome base to start from. Stroker, big intake, throttle body and MAF are all good. Just needs some decent heads. A pair of TFS track heat alloy heads, TFS stage 1 cam and a unichip would get it absolutely hauling arse I reckon :)

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
If your gonna spend $$$ go for heads, as for a chip i dont think so.....

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
GTP193 said:
I have a T3 TS50 with the full herrod 300kw upgrade, well worth the effort. Chip exhaust, cams and valves pulls 300HP atrw. Ask herrods for more info.
GTP193,
Is that a manual or auto? 300HP = 223.71KW

I know a manual TE50 that makes 220rwkw & is bog standard except for K & N filter (std air inlet) and full exhaust. Thats on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in Shootout mode.

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
i think Laminge may have chipped a T3...

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
Chipped, full exaust, cams, valves, rods & lifters, fuel pumps and injectors, intake & air filters, 355mm rotors squeezed by 4 spot calipers, springs; all done by Rob Herrod, 330kW says it's worth it!

·
1,934 Posts
sniper545 said:
Chipped, full exaust, cams, valves, rods & lifters, fuel pumps and injectors, intake & air filters, 355mm rotors squeezed by 4 spot calipers, springs; all done by Rob Herrod, 330kW says it's worth it!
I'd like to see that dyno sheet on that one, the last one of those things I seen on the dyno put out 216 rwkw and pinged its head off, how dose 355mm rotors & 4spot calipers, help in rwkw????

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
sbutler, My thoughts on vehicle mods are : no point making it go hard if you can't pull the thing up! Dyno sheet can be scanned and as soon as I get my pc back (hit by lightning) I'll show you all! btw, it did have some initial fuel supply problems, but with that ironed out, (our techs here at Gregorys know their stuff) it's a dream! Hard on the gas and hard on the brakes, that's how it's driven and that's just the way I want it. If my memory serves me correct, I thought I saw 221rwkw, but don't quote me until I post the dyno sheet

·
1,934 Posts
sniper545 said:
sbutler, My thoughts on vehicle mods are : no point making it go hard if you can't pull the thing up! Dyno sheet can be scanned and as soon as I get my pc back (hit by lightning) I'll show you all! btw, it did have some initial fuel supply problems, but with that ironed out, (our techs here at Gregorys know their stuff) it's a dream! Hard on the gas and hard on the brakes, that's how it's driven and that's just the way I want it. If my memory serves me correct, I thought I saw 221rwkw, but don't quote me until I post the dyno sheet
Um 330 rwkw is roughly about 380/390 at the fly and that I find a little hard to swollow, thats if its a manual (Tremac) with 3.45 diff and 18in wheels from what ive seen, if you saw 221rwkw that will be around 270/280 at the fly and thats a fact............

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
I beg to differ but then again, what do I know. I rely on info given by people who are experts in their field (ie: Rob Herrod who knows this car well)
as to your "stated fact" sbutler I choose #1. from your footnote.

·
Registered
127 Posts
sniper545 said:
I beg to differ but then again, what do I know. I rely on info given by people who are experts in their field (ie: Rob Herrod who knows this car well)

this maybe a little of topic but when rob herrod does dyno ones car does he himself also keep a hard copy of the results for future reference??
does he have a library on his web site with dyno results??

just asking
cheers

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
Not a bad idea RST2000, Just got off the phone from Herrod Motorsports and I asked the question. Although Rob wasn't there, The lad did say that all dyno runs are stored on his computer, but as to providing that info on a public forum, probably not for a number of reasons, 1 being privacy and the other being Ford Flagging Warranty info on all published vehicles ect. who knows

·
1,934 Posts
sniper545 said:
as to your "stated fact" sbutler I choose #1. from your footnote.
Oh thats right he is god sorry I forgot,

·
Registered
316 Posts
GTP193 said:
I have an aug build 2002 with a k&n filter, diphillipo 4into1 extractors, std cats, twin 2.5" stainless system into lukey mufflers, std tips pulled 302hp atrw in shootout mode at 5,600km. interestingly, i had the car re-dynoed when ford decided to put a new engine in it (oil consumption) and ran 321hp atrw in shootout mode at 52,000km. the car was redynoed with the new tight engine (i was worried about going back in hp) straight after being put in and ran 332hp atrw in shootout mode. I don't think the car is anything out of the usual, but am curious why the figures are so good compared to the 300kw upgrade. i have purchased a powerchip which is still sitting in the drawer, until i can go without the car for 3 days whilst the ecu goes to melb- i have one but can't tell you whether it is worth it. the software label on the box apparently must be different than the programmed chip they have supplied, so i have to send the ecu to them-

dont know of anyone looking to buy a great t3??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for there contribtion but still haven't been given an answer. Have to agree with sbutler on herrod gear. Overrated! and overpriced! Wouldn't say my herrod exhaust system was good for 20kw as stated in performance ford magazine. Thats speaking from experience of having the system on my TS50 T3. Sorry if this offends anyone that is satisfied with herrods but it is your hard earned cash.

Jimt3TE50 wish my ts50 put out 332rwhp. Why would you want to sell that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
TS 50 said:
Thanks everyone for there contribtion but still haven't been given an answer. Have to agree with sbutler on herrod gear. Overrated! and overpriced! Wouldn't say may herrod exhaust system was good for 20kw as stated in performance ford magazine. Thats speaking from experience of having the system on my TS50 T3. Sorry if this offends anyone that is satisfied with herrods but it is your hard earned cash.

Jimt3TE50 wish my ts50 put out 332rwhp. Why would you want sell that.
financial reasons over heart decision :eek:( what a car. early days though..... maybe i can keep it- could always sell the house :0)

·
1,934 Posts
TS 50 said:
Thanks everyone for there contribtion but still haven't been given an answer. Have to agree with sbutler on herrod gear. Overrated! and overpriced! Wouldn't say may herrod exhaust system was good for 20kw as stated in performance ford magazine. Thats speaking from experience of having the system on my TS50 T3. Sorry if this offends anyone that is satisfied with herrods but it is your hard earned cash.

Jimt3TE50 wish my ts50 put out 332rwhp. Why would you want sell that.
Thanks TS 50 at last some informed comment, shane has just removed his dpillipo single 3in system from the cats back and replaced it with a twin 2/12 and got 6 rwkw, with that alone, he just replaced the Dpillopo/herrod 4into1 headers with Hurricane extractors yesterday, hasn't dynoed it yet but said it pulls a lot harder down low,so Im waiting for the dyno results with intrest. As for the post I know a good exhaust is good 16rwkw because thats what I got and I dont think you will get that outa a chip, Tonys T3 had a chip put in and got 6rwkw, and thats a long way from 16, dont ya think.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hurricane extractors look like the goods. Only a matter of time before they are fitted to the TS.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts