Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the only colour combo I haven't seen in the flesh or on the net (besides those promo pics).

Does anyone here own one by any chance? After 6 months or so it's kinda growing on me :AAHHH:

·
Road Warrior
489 Posts
I have seen quite a few down here in Melbourne.

The Lightning Strike with orange stripes is one down here that I have only seen once.

They do look pretty cool though.
I will email you a pic of a mates Phantom GT with stripes if you want.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Phantom with the Orange stripes is about the worst of the combinations IMO. But then I don't like the stripes much anyway. I note that Phantom also had the lowest percentage of stripes amongst the 2003 builds so even the buyers must agree to some extent.

Cheers
Russ

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
Seen one on the M4 a while ago.. + I know a guy who bought one and put orange stripes on it himself. I actually don't mind it.. but it does look much better on a XYGT than BA... Mmmm Lightning Strike and Orange stripes.. drools!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
To say it stands out, would be an understatement. Its a very loud combination

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
See the Phantom/orange stripe combo quite often here in melb.

Others I have seen are:

Lightning strike/orange stripe (drools)
Acid rush/silver stripe
and wait for it................. (are you ready Sparkles?)
Harvest green/orange stripe! Not the best combination IMO caught a quick glance in Mornington the other day.

On a side note was I seeing things or is the GT actually available in Harvest Green?

Saw a Black AU2/3 XR8 with silver stripes on the freeway on Friday morning BENSXR if you read these forums thats extreeeeemly bad taste my friend the stripes do not match the silver trailing edges on the sideskirts and rear bumper remove them or face riddicule from people like ME!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
kooky said:
On a side note was I seeing things or is the GT actually available in Harvest Green?
I'm pretty sure I saw one at Jeff Wignall in frankston last week or the week before, but then I saw one in Dandenong but it was an XR with orange stripes on it.. not sure if it's the same one or not.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
kooky said:
Harvest green/orange stripe
Needs gold stripes!!! I think I may have seen an XR8 in Harvest green (it was a new green anyway!)

Phantom with orange stripes - really a matter of personal taste and lack of inhibitions! How about phantom with black stripes like the XAs had?

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
ive seen purple and orange quite a bit, but IMO it looks wrong, doesnt float my boat at all.

the silver with orange looks very snappy indeed
red & orange look good with the black stripes
blueprint with silver stripes looks good too
and the cobra look white with blue stripes also looks nice

·