Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this season I've had trouble starting my car twice. The first time I eventually narrowed it down to corrosion on the positive battery terminal, and this second time I have not resolved it yet. On PT it was suggested that I check all the ground connections, and now I'm wondering about upgrading them to something new and beefier. Bufalo has done something with that, I think. It looks like just a generic grounding strap available from any auto parts store. The thing is, I don't know how many connections and cables I would need to replace or which ground connections might not need to be replaced. Can anyone give me some hints on this? Thanks.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Sorry I didnt have any input on this, but did you ever figure it out?

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my car jump started, charged the battery for 2 hours, and so far I have had no problems. I guess time will tell if I will have to deal with it again.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Did you ever check to find out if there were any open circuits? Possibly something to do with your stereo system? I had the power cable (from amp to battery) snap on me once and I didnt realize it........ so the open circuit drained my battery.

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my stereo had been working no differently before the battery problems as it is now. I haven't actually gone back to verify that my amps are turning off though.

B

·
0 Posts
yeah I just bought a fat ground strap for use when I did my battery re-location. You just need to ensure that all the wires that had been connected to the original ground are solidly connected to the new one.

It should help out some. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yah Upgrading the Ground is a must to run a decent sterio system
I would just replace the main ground from the battery to the chassis. It should be an 8 gauge wire. I would step up to a 2 gauge.
-Frost

M

·
0 Posts
I have some corrosion and would love to replace the wires on my 6, but they go down into the wiring harness. Is there another way to do this?? Would love some help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
<HTML>
<BODY>
Yes it is a must to replace the ground cables when you have a system, especially when you are running high power amp(s). It will make your electrical system grounded better and a better result in you system performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts