Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS
NOT WORKING, SPEEDO, ODOMETER, HAZARD LIGHTS, CRUISE CONTROL, FUEL GAUGE SOMETIMES WORKS, HORN
FRONT PSGR WINDOW CAME DOWN BUT WONT GO UP AGAIN AND DRIVERS WINDOW STAYS UP AND WONT GO DOWN.
SMALL FUSES LOOK OK, ARE THERE RELAYS OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD CREATE THESE PROBLEMS?
HAPPENED AFTER TOWING TANDEM TRAILER LOADED WITH FURNITURE IN 40 DEGREE HEAT... COINCIDENCE?
NEED TO HAVE AN IDEA SO IF I TAKE IT TO AN AUTO ELECTRICIAN, I DON'T GET TAKEN FOR A RIDE 馃槧馃樀
APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS
KIND REGARDS
STEVE (OZ-VIKING)

Super Moderator
Check the six (2 red 3 black and 1 green ) fusible links that come from the positive terminal of the battery for signs of overheat or melting. These are no longer readily available and if one or more has failed you will need to make new ones with new connectors and fusible suitable link wire (e.g. Fusible Link Wire 5 lengths 30cm Blue Black Yellow Red Green Auto Car Fuse Truck | eBay). Also check the smaller black wires on the negative side of the battery terminal. I would also check your trailer plug and wiring (both car and trailer side) first as it's sounds like you have a major short.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aussiblue, been in hospital for 4 days, but appreciate your advice..will let you know how l got on when better.

Kind Regards
Ozviking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts