·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Well that is not quite fair...

HSV have been established longer and have a name, FTE has only been around a short time it's abit 'low' to compaire the 2 now.

I think HSV are seeing FTE as a real threat now with the new engines coming and they are trying some scare tactics. And rightly so they should be worried!

But then again that is the kind of low down **** you expect out of Holden

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
It is a bit petty really.

But Tickford selling 99 cars? Aren't XRs classed as Tickfords as well?

HSV is established with how many years of marketing etc.

Whereas Tickford is still establishing itself in HSV market (FTE cars)

Tickfords main product is the XR8 isn't it? and it's competitor is the SS yes? So what are HSV on about?

·
337 Posts
Now lets try adding up the total points for FORD vs Holden for the shell series this season and see whos in front!!

If only there was a manufacturers and drivers championship!!

Tim

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Brendan: I think they are only reffering the 99 tickford cars sold as the T-series. The XR8 is tweaked by tickford but is still compared to the SS and the SS is not HSV. It still isn't fair I say and give the average joe wrong impression. I agree 100% what you said AlbertM, HSV shoukd be scared...

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I love it, why?, because when they fall, it's going to be a long long way and when they carry on like that, they are setting themselves up for a very embarassing tumble, I can't wait!.

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
In response to Tim_EF_5.0

It can get worse...

Holden 15,090 points

FORD 12,633 points

However this is not a level playing field

Holden 20 cars
Ford 12 cars

The 2,457 points are made from these extra Holdens, now if it was level it would be Ford at the front.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
What a load of crap, this is definitely scare tactics. Obviously HSV have heard the rumours and are genuinely worried about whats around the corner for Tickford, and so they should be, because when the AU3 T-SERIES is released (may as well call it that) they will be better than the HSV equivalents in ALL areas, not just suspension, tranny, grip and quality. They will have the power to go with it.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
The more compitition the better.Keeps both parties on there toes.

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
TeeHee said:
I love it, why?, because when they fall, it's going to be a long long way and when they carry on like that, they are setting themselves up for a very embarassing tumble, I can't wait!.

Kinda reminds me of what Holden said about Ford never selling a Ute again...lol

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
You guys are right it shows that HSV are really worried about what is coming.

They started the real wheel drive thing when Avalon was scaring the pants off them prior to its launch but have know dropped that ad because it was'nt a threat. HSV wont be so lucky on this one though the next generations of Tickfords are going to blow them away. Theres a whole army of Ford fans just waiting for the right product so sales will lift hugely when they get it. I dont know if that includes Stangs or not but i do know they have deleivered nearly that many in Stangs alone which are 90k {on average} on the road so wait till we get our volume sellers going. FTE has'nt even pushed the T Series yet because they know they should wait till they've got the gear to take HSV on.

Brights time at no 2 in the SCS is limited IMO and will go down a good few places before the years end.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JEM said:
You will see their response in the showroom later this year:p :nuts:
And that's the best place to have the response come from too. No need to resort to this childish display. They must be getting worried for this to appear... Go for the jugular GP & HJ... phark 'em..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Best place for that crap is on their own website. Buyers aren't likely to got to that site anyway as it is totally stuffed and useless. Just like the point they are trying to make:D

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Ford needs to stab back at Holden the same way Toyota have done with their new Greg Norman ad.

According to this morning's paper, the ad has Norman turning up to a driving range full of hacks. One jerks a swing at the sight of Norman, and cracks a Holden Statesman, smashing the windscreen. Norman turns to the guy, who's distressed thinking he's cracked Norman's car, and says 'Nah, that's not mine, my car is the Toyota' pointing at the Avalon.

My problem with the Toyota ad is the 'truth in advertising' bit. Even if he was given an Avalon, I doubt Norman would drive something like that.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
I think its bad marketing the way HSV always have a go at ford/tickford.

Ford/tickford always mind their own business and sell their cars.

Holden/HSV always have to say something to bag out Ford/Tickford. (As in the interview with all MD's of Car Co's in Wheels - Crennan said Ford/Tickford copy off HSV).

I Think we should email HSV and tell them that we are never going to buy their cars due to the unprofessional way they present themselves (i.e bagging the opposition - THIS IS A MARKETING NO NO - and any professional business person knows this)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Guys - be aware that marketing, press and other product relationship stuff must be geared to the demographic of your market. The typical HSV and SS buyer loves the sort of stuff Crennan is pushing. They love the feeling of superiority.

I actually think Crennan is smart in the way he operates, even though he comes across as arrogant etc. I don't like the way he operates, and neither do certain people at Tickford. However, a job is a job.

I point out that the way Tickford and their staff carry themselves in public and towards their customers is very, very classy and professional. The product should do the talking at the end of the day - and we all know it will.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Guys - be aware that marketing, press and other product relationship stuff must be geared to the demographic of your market. The typical HSV and SS buyer loves the sort of stuff Crennan is pushing. They love the feeling of superiority.
Thats right - aim your ads at the lowest common denominator, with the subtlty of a firecracker in one's undies, belittling your competitors to make those who buy your product feel that they are the best thing since sliced bread.. hehe and you've got HSV!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts