Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who posted a comment on the "Have a say..." thread.

Yesterday I spent most of the day at Ford Broadmeadows helping to ensure the new Ford Alive school tours program launch went smoothly. While I was there I spoke to a number of people, including Geoff Polites, who all mentioned they had read the comments. I received a lot of positive feedback from those I spoke with.

The general concensus was that the enthusiasm you guys show here is nothing short of amazing.

You can all pat yourselves on the back. Congratulations and thanks again. :)

:cool:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Thats Sensational Discovery.

Thanks for being invloved.

Glad to see that our ramblings meen something in the Blue Oval Rooms.

Was there a mention that maybe one of the Blue Oval Boys would participate on this site?

So did you get my PDF, what do you think?

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laminge said:
Thats Sensational Discovery.

Thanks for being invloved.

Glad to see that our ramblings meen something in the Blue Oval Rooms.

Was there a mention that maybe one of the Blue Oval Boys would participate on this site?

So did you get my PDF, what do you think?
I forgot to mention that interestingly the subject of the "Have a say..." thread was bought up by others in their conversations with me before I had a chance to ask them about it. Always a good sign.

I don't know about participation being posssible. Time will tell.

Your car looks great. Sounds like the performance matches the appearance too :) The perfect combination. I will have to check it out 'in the flesh' on the October trip (wheels are really starting to turn on the trip project too :))

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
That's great Discovery. Every bit of encouragement we can give those people at Ford Oz is a plus. Hopefully we can all get to the top soon and show why Ford is better!!!! It's nice to know people appreciate the thoughts and passion we are investing in our cars!

LAMINGE and DISCOVERY:
I will be in Melb on Friday (1st June?) and Sat/Sun. We can try and do some planning then?

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aussie Pete said:
LAMINGE and DISCOVERY:
I will be in Melb on Friday (1st June?) and Sat/Sun. We can try and do some planning then?
I have a meeting on the 1st June, can't remember if it is am or pm. I am also working on the 3rd June at the fdc. (my rostered weekend) If getting together is too difficult we can work out details via email. I would say that the finer details will have to be decided at the last minute, but a rough itinerary and accommodation options could be in place well before then.

By the way, any of you reading this and wanting to hop on board the October trip let me know as I need more definate numbers. So far I have a figure of somewhere between 20 and 60 if the XR clubs decide to join in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discovery said:

While I was there I spoke to a number of people, including Geoff Polites, who all mentioned they had read the thread. I received a lot of positive feedback from those I spoke with.

The general concensus was that the enthusiasm you guys show here is nothing short of amazing.

Excellent!
I think it's time Geoff Polites came on board and say g'day to us.
Would like to read the comments from the big chief himself.

So what do you reckon Geoff?:thumbup:

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
Yeah. i wonder if any other Ford heads would be looking at this apart from Geoff?? Whos the head of marketing these days?? surely he would want to read it..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discovery said:

By the way, any of you reading this and wanting to hop on board the October trip let me know as I need more definate numbers. So far I have a figure of somewhere between 20 and 60 if the XR clubs decide to join in.

If you havnt already included me, im a definate! :D

·
7,777 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
Yeah. i wonder if any other Ford heads would be looking at this apart from Geoff?? Whos the head of marketing these days?? surely he would want to read it..
The important part of marketing (i.e. of performance vehicles) is Ryan Naylor (or is it Rick). Anyhow, he's the man that made everyone's day when he spoke about MORE POWER the other week.

I suspect that company policy may dictate that most Ford staff can only view passively rather than actively participate.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well I know for a fact that all types of Ford employees read and do in fact participate in these forums. They are no all as obvious as Discovery.

While it is great that some positive aspects have come out of net banter it is absolutely critical that Ford don't drop the ball. There are some very disturbing rumours coming from satellite Ford operations that indicate that the future may not be as smooth as one would like.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ah yes What would the world be with out them.

I have an email that is very interesting. Some things I know to be correct some I doubt but the bottome line is where there is smoke there is fire.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I am of the understanding that most of the Victorian Sales staff have been summond to a general meeting to be held some time this week.

The big question is there going to be any showbags and how can I get an Invite

·
7,777 Posts
laminge said:
I am of the understanding that most of the Victorian Sales staff have been summond to a general meeting to be held some time this week. The big question is there going to be any showbags and how can I get an Invite
Have they launched the RJV in Melbourne yet? If not that is probably what the meeting would be about.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:
I am of the understanding that most of the Victorian Sales staff have been summond to a general meeting to be held some time this week.

The big question is there going to be any showbags and how can I get an Invite
Whats with you and show bags? Agfest were still short the next day:p

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Good to see that the people that matter ( Us, the Ford customers) are getting our opinions heard, lets just hope that they do listen. :evil:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
HSE2 said:

Whats with you and show bags? Agfest were still short the next day:p
Mate,

I wanted a show bag from those eletric fence guys but everytime I asked for one they just told me to lick the WIRE!!!!

:fmad:

T

·
0 Posts
gaz why would you want a showbag off blokes selling electric fences. you building a new car alarm or something.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
What is the absolute last day people can say yay or nay Discovery? Might help people to get organised for time off work etc. Plus it'll make your job easier to know exactly how many are coming... :)

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ford Man said:

What is the absolute last day people can say yay or nay Discovery? Might help people to get organised for time off work etc. Plus it'll make your job easier to know exactly how many are coming... :)
I guess the last day is the day you are leaving. I have been asked to make a submission so we can organize the Broadmeadows part of the trip, which is the reason I need approximate numbers now. I still have the details of everyone who replied to the last trip thread saying they were in. If you didn't put your name on that thread, let me know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
Discovery
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing