Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I have a 2018 mustang ecoboost. And about a month ago we had negative degree weather and during my stereo screen started to slowly go out, one day it took 10 minutes to turn on and the next it never turned on and hasn’t since. The screen, backup camera, radio and both USBs do not work. I’m past warranty time so and I’ve taken it to the dealership where they couldn’t figure it out within an hour and I wasn’t about to spend more money just for them to tell me the problem. I have changed fuses and disconnected the battery. I’m hoping someone has had this problem and may be of assistance! Please and thank you!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,051 Posts
I would check your car battery voltage . On some makes of cars if the battery voltage reaches a certain level it cuts of non essential components . With the cold weather and possibly using more power for things like heater and other electrics it may have taken quite a bit out of the battery .When it happened on the other makes of car , driving for a while and the alternator boosting the battery , often seen the functions kick back in . Might / might not apply to your car but a low battery can often affect todays car electrics . Simple 2 min check to test battery voltage .Nothing to lose and eliminates one possible cause .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check your car battery voltage . On some makes of cars if the battery voltage reaches a certain level it cuts of non essential components . With the cold weather and possibly using more power for things like heater and other electrics it may have taken quite a bit out of the battery .When it happened on the other makes of car , driving for a while and the alternator boosting the battery , often seen the functions kick back in . Might / might not apply to your car but a low battery can often affect todays car electrics . Simple 2 min check to test battery voltage .Nothing to lose and eliminates one possible cause .
I’m pretty sure my voltage hovers around 14v but I could give it another check, thank you!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top