Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at getting a set of extractors, prices were reasonable supplied and fitted from mid 300's to mid 500's. Brands include Walker, Lukey, Hitech... (sorry if spelling wrong), whats decent whats rubbish, is the pricing good, bad or indifferent?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi
i am also looking for a set of extractors for my ed xr6 (i already have a 21/2 inch exaust) but don't know what to get also. i've heard of brands like genie, pacemaker and hurrican but don't know which one will give me a better power increase and i dont want to waste 400 odd $$$$ any info would be great thanx

·
Registered
14 Posts
About $700.00 will buy you a set of H.M Headers, I swear by them. They come with hi-flow cat. attached. On their own they produce about 11kw at wheels, with a 2.5in straight through system 15kw at wheels all up. With Unichip and the above exhaust system my AU XR6 HP produces 138kw at wheels, 200kw or so at engine, goes like a rocket and sounds great.

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
hey RedAUXR6,

do you know what the car was putting out at the rear wheels before the unichip?
im just interest in the figures?

Will

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmm the HM deal sounds good. I'm due for a new cat soon anyway, if HM come with a new cat i'll go for it. What about heat dissipating from the headers, is there a shield (ala the stock one) that can be put on to stop the trsfer of heat going to the intake.

G

·
i could sell u a set of pacemakers for $210, brand new, or any thing else u want purely for the fact that i work for an exhaust shop

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isthat offer V8 WAGON to all Tickfor club members?...where are you located?...

G

·
V8 WAGON,
I was wondering if you still had extractors for or around the price you quoted for dkmaj.... Also, I was wondering if you made custom pipes (I wanted to change the air flow of my EF2 XR6 so that the air filter was over the bonnet with a scoope covering it...)....
Thanks,
Kieran.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

V8 Wagon (aka ****) hasnt had a chance to reply yet, cos he has been pretty busy (he is a multi site manager for an exhaust place)

He says to say the price is available all the time. He will try and reply to you tonight.

otherwise email him - [email protected]

:)
Kelli S

G

·
Sorry about the lateness of my reply due to my bosses shipping me around all the midas stores.

HM headers are ok EXCEPT for the fact that they are press bent not mendral bent.

The only brands of headers that are mandral bent are Pacemaker,Huracane and Genie( not knowing about what is happening with the company )

Kypez XR6
Did you want the air filter to come through the bonnet and what type of air filter?

Dkmaj
Yes that price is to all club members.

Slim
The best bet for yours is twin 2 1/4 manderal bent or 2 1/2 press bent with twin lukey mufflers then straight out the back with twin 3in chrome tips which would set you back around $800 as a rough guess.

G

·
Hey V8 Wagon!!

Yeah, I wanted it to come through the bonnet... I have a pod Finnerfilter that I was gonna install through the bonnet with a scoope to cover it... would you know where I could get the bonnet cut and a air pipe made?

And with the Extractors... which ever you suggest....

And could you tell me where I could get them fitted as well as I am told that there would be some modifications to the CAT to allow it to be fitted...

Thanks VERY MUCH!!!
Kieran.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what is the difference between press bent and mandell bent and what is the pro and cons of both types.

cheers

Craig

G

·
Mandrell bent keeps a uniform diameter through the bend where press bend can kink, somewhat reducing the area at the bend. This apparently is more of a problem where bends exceed 45deg. Press bend is generally somewhat cheaper partucularly where a longer section is involved.

G

·
thanks Kon
couldnt have said it better myself

With headers, it is best that they are mandrell bent, but the rest wont really matter because u can just go a larger size pipe
Say from 2 1/4 TO 2 1/2

G

·
V8 Wagon

What are the benefits (if any) of going for a twin 2 1/2 inch system over a single 3inch.
My main concern is power gains, the sound of it doesn't bother me that much as I am guessing that both will make my xr8 sound pretty sweet.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Hey V8 WAGON,

How much are a set of pacemakers headers
for an AUII XR8, and can I get them in Brisbane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am in the QLD XR Club.

G

·
Tickford AUIIXR8
As far as i bellieve, pacemaker are the only one's who make them 4 the AU'S.
As 4 getting them in QLD, i could send them up but the freight would be around $20 on top of the price,as for the price of the headers "I'll get back to u shortlly"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts