Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently drive a BA MK2 GT 6 man with the following mods

Edit
cats back
cold air and filter
snorkel
spacer

I am keen to get the headers but my expenses so far have been quite high. I shop at Herrod and have been happy with all the parts they have supplied and fitted.

The question is $1900 in my hand or headers. Will they make a big difference to performance? Any feedback is welcomed.

GK

· When 2 T3s are not enough
1,922 Posts
The Gt/xrs are a little light in the bottem end torque department so I would go a
"tri-y" type of header, It will boost bottem end torque without loosing top end power. I think Pacemaker make them for 4valve motors now. I know Hurricaine do them. The Herrod & Difillipo header is a 4 into 1 & may better overall KWs but loose a little torque....

· Ingall Fan
179 Posts
Go Pacemaker on the old mans and they have made a good gain in combination with a G&D Airbox and Remus cats back zorst

· Registered
47 Posts
I've got a 6 speed XR8 and took a long time in deciding which headers to fit because of all the different comments being made. In the end I fitted Di Fillippo 1 7/8" headers and 2 1/2" hi flow cats with a genie cat back. The difference has been sensational. There has been no loss of torque down low, up high it is strong, it uses less fuel and idle quality is good. As you have an edit you could get a custom tune on yours to make it go harder.

I got Aussie Car in Melton to fit mine and am really happy with how they looked after me.

· Registered
235 Posts
Noboss said:
The Gt/xrs are a little light in the bottem end torque department so I would go a
"tri-y" type of header, It will boost bottem end torque without loosing top end power. I think Pacemaker make them for 4valve motors now. I know Hurricaine do them. The Herrod & Difillipo header is a 4 into 1 & may better overall KWs but loose a little torque....
Difilipo's have the best gains everywhere had the best results and Im not plugging them as i have pacemakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.