Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 f150 7700 series fx4 with the 5.4. My issue is after the truck is off and key is removed, my headlights, tail lights and trailer lights (when my trailer is hooked up of course) stay on and sometimes the dash lights will flicker. I have to disconnect the battery everytime i park to get them to turn off. After a decent or steady rain, there is a clicking kind of noise from under the dash. I traced the sound to a small black box looking thing on the back of the fuse panel on the driver side floor board above where your left foot would be. Im assuming it gets wet because it leaks somewhere in that area and ill find water on my floor board. Any idea what the part is called, and how to fix the problem? Also the odometer doesnt always show up. A mechanic said it was a light behind it and if it wasnt fixed could cause other problems, is this related to that? And my wiper blades dont always turn on amd have turned on after ive turn them off. Whats going on with my truck????? I love it to death, but cant take anymore of this gremlin crap. Someone help please!!

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
It sounds a lot like you have relays shorting. I'd start by removing the fuse box and look into replacing those that are giving you the problems and look for shorts. And above all else, see if you can stop the leak or you'll be battling this for a long time to come.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts