Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was driving my probe yesterday but this morning when i was going to drive to work and the head lights wont go up now the lamps works.

when i tried a number of times i hear that one of the relays makes a sound and the cover of this relay is broken so i can see a spark when trying to get the lamps up.

In the owners manuel this relay is "headlight"

picture of witch relay i mean is here :

Sorry for my bad enligish!

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought they used vacuum to open the headlights and just energize a solenoid valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought they used vacuum to open the headlights and just energize a solenoid valve.
I have some more information on the problem. Former owner has done a "sleepy eye mod".

First time i see this button under the dash now after owning it nearly 3 years, however if i take the the lamps up manuelly and then pull the switch down the lamps fall down but i tried to do the same with the orginal light switch then it dosent go down.

I think when i parked the car and took the lamps down i hit the sleepy eye button with my feet when this happend.

I tried to take them up with the "retra" fuse but it dosent work either.

Pic of the switch:

Edit:

Looked over all the fuses and the relays and all works fine!

I hope u understand my english!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar problem with the 97 Probe I owned a few years back. Actually, when I bought it, the headlights didn't move at all.

Not sure if this is an official mod, but I just rigged them up in the perma-low-profile position so I never had to worry about it again. If I remember correctly, I just had to wrench the actuator into the half-open position and lock it down.

Looked better that way anyway.

NOTE: and I'm pretty sure I had to pull that actuator relay. Or was it a blade fuse? Dang old age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts