Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed 55w optiblue low beam and 100w artic blue high beam and have found them to give a brighter whiter light.What if any have others got in place of original globes and how would u rate them ?

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I have a AUII XR, and want those lights,
where did you get them from.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi,
yeah i've fitted those globes 2.
Massive improvement, they took the
yellow tinge out of the headlight plastic.
U can buy them at MYCAR.

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah I had those lights... but they never last on my car... they always blow up with a month or so... but I went back to the normal lights and had no trouble!!???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi all

EF XR6 Wagon - Standard lows with 130W highs, would like to give the lows a bit of a boost
We don't have "My Car" here in Adelaide who makes those Optiblues

I don't seem to have a problem with the highs but I'm wondering if the wireing will handle the 55 lows.

Any advice would be nice (ho Ho)

TTFN

Paul B

·
Registered
50 Posts
On the subject of headlights, i have just got an El2 xr6 and i want to change the globes in them. It was a very easy task on my ED xr6 (which i have for sale if anyone is interested :) ), but i cant get to the highbeam globe on the EL. Is there an easy way to do this , or do i have to take the whole light assembly out.

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the lightd from supercheap auto and repco , but kmart stock a similar bulb.
As for changing the high beam in an EL XR
you need to take off the plastic cover , the black on between the radiator and front grill
its a bit tight but if u persevere u get there , its a bit fiddly and the hardest part is getting the metal clip that holds the globe back on.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The gregories workshop manual says to remove the front panel and unbolt the light assemblies - It's actually not that hard but if you're lucky (and don't have fat hands like me) you may well be able to get your fingers behind the assembly.

just remember - Don't touch the lamp - this will shorten the life drasticly.

thanks for the info on the globes

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts