Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stroker engine is being rebuilt due to a head gasket problem. The engine block was burnt and one head which was between cylinders 2 and 3. I plan on replacing the block and going with the new CHI aluminum heads;(225cc). The best time this year was 10.70et at 124mph. Hopefully I'll pick up .3 to .4 with heads and good weather.

JIM

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to use the new CHI heads 225cc on a standard cleveland block (.30 over) Same stroker kit, flat top pistons srp and 6 inch chev. eagle rods and a 3.87 steel crankshaft. This will make 395 cubic inches. I will be using the same camshaft which is a lunati 650 lift. The engine's best time is 10.69 et in the mach 1. I am hoping to pick up a few tenths; well, a half a second would be nice, with the new heads, rings and bearing. The block is getting 0 deck now. I am hoping to start the new block rdi aluminum this fall. However I am not sure what bore size. Any suggestions? The sizes would be 4.125 or 4.115 stroke going be maybe 4.1 but I need check on the pistons and rod length. Then I'll use my CHI heads on the aluminum block for next year, if all goes well. Thanks for writing.

-JIM

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
Good stuff Jim, it will be interesting to see what improvement the 3V's give over the 4v irons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts