Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though he sponsers the G.M product.Bloody good to see an Ausy guy doing well. Was he excited??? YES.Good on him..

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Yeah it was good to see some variaty on the podium, but a different track and he wouldn't have been there.

It also goes to show you that you don't need to be regarded as one of the best teams/drivers to mix it with the front guys, all the more reason for me to be pissed off with FTR at the moment.:cussing:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It also goes to show you that you don't need to be regarded as one of the best teams/drivers to mix it with the front guys, all the more reason for me to be pissed off with FTR at the moment.:cussing: [/B][/QUOTE]

Jem yes the pressure must/better be on them!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
JEM said:

It also goes to show you that you don't need to be regarded as one of the best teams/drivers to mix it with the front guys, all the more reason for me to be pissed off with FTR at the moment.:cussing:
I hear you Jem. Not good at all. Wonder what the excuse will be this time:(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah what happened to FTR, common guys wheres the Ford spirit, they should be the fore front of the ford teams.

"I'm not excited" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
laminge said:
Yeah good to see an Aussie HOG the friggren racetrak!:eek:
Yeah, what was the deal with that, they showed him the "bad sportsmanship" flag, but he continued blocking, but nothing happened.. :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
Was he excited??? YES.Good on him..
The bastard near had a heart attack!!.. Good to see him enjoying himself.. :D

FTR... what can you say? I don't mind the fact that they're struggling, I just wish they'd tell the truth in their bloody press releases!.. "Things looking good for FTR at Oran Park!" Pigs arse they are! They still have my full support though..

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
But how much are FTR actually off the pace?

With the closeness this season they only need to be a few tenths of the pace and they are down the grid - frustrating for you guys but it means that the racing is close. At least it isn't an HRT parade each race this year (dammit).

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Good question Brendan.

Maybe if they put as much effort into the car as they do changing the signage around they might do better.

We have had 7 rounds and they have been competitive at 5.
I have always said if you are going to put Tickford on a car then it really need to be the best Ford out there. But that is just my opinion.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
if you are going to put Tickford on a car then it really need to be the best Ford out there. But that is just my opinion.
Couldn't agree more Ian. FTR is the link to FTE just as HRT is the link to HSV. While it's good to have Fords winning and doing well, it's a must to have FTR at the front of the grid. This sends a message that the FTE cars are made of the right stuff.

Brendan,
FTR were roughly 0.5 sec off the pace all weekend... :( Hopefully this is the shocker for the year... Every team has at least one..

·
2,153 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
Though he sponsers the G.M product.Bloody good to see an Ausy guy doing well. Was he excited??? YES.Good on him..
I would have to agree. Perfect timing for Big kev as his cleaning products company is going public on the stock exchange. I wonder if the ASX will give him a stop go penalty for colluding to inflate his stock prices by winning on Sunday. :D :D I still haven't forgiven Big kev racing for punting a Falcon out of Bathurst last year. :(

Anyone remember a few years back when Longhaurst punched Morris because he took both of them out of the race. They were both in the same BMW team.

Here is an article I got from the newswires:

IT'S HOTTER AT CALDER

Herald Sun 16-07-2001

FOOTBALL is Victoria's passion, but there was another tribal fight to warm the winter weather yesterday. It was Ford versus Holden at Calder Park, with rival supporters just as passionate as a capacity MCG crowd.

Ford's favourite was Craig Lowndes, even though he was back in the pack for most of the day, while Mark Skaife was Holden's hero in the car carrying the coveted number one.

"They just love him. It's like this all day," said Ford's president, Geoff Polites, as he watched the Ford hordes surging around Lowndes' garage.

"It is so good to see this passion. This is what motoring is so much about in Australia," said Holden's chairman, Peter Hanenberger.

The Ford fans wore blue and black, in sharp contrast to the racing red of Holden's backers, on a day with plenty of parallels to a footy fight.

The record Calder Park crowd of 26,500 people chanted, cheered, waved flags and blew whistles.

And Skaife was even sin-binned with a drive-through penalty after using his Holden to strike Steve `Junior' Johnson's Ford.

There were hardly any free kicks, but plenty of punting and penalties as the rampaging V8 Supercars battled for space and places on the tight Calder layout.

Ford kicked the first of the majors when Junior took the opening sprint in his rampaging Shell Falcon, but then it was Holden's newest hero who burst out of the ruck.

Paul "The Dude" Morris won the next two heats and the day in his Commodore, giving Holden top spot as Johnson raced home for second.

Holden also cleaned up third thanks to Russell Ingall, with championship leader Skaife maintaining top spot, although his margin was slashed by 100 points.

But the man with the best -- and most predictable -- line of the day was Big Kev McQuay, the sponsor of the Morris-mobile.

The cleaning products king looked as if he was working up to an industrial strength heart attack as he watched his star roar to the finish.

"Get ready, because `I'M EXCITED'," he said.

Words:

Paul Gover

national motoring editor

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Just finished watching the race and I have to agree I was great seeing Big Kevs reaction. Sponsor are at the heart of this comp so it is great to see the underdog have his day. Just hope they don't have to many days:D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:

Couldn't agree more Ian. FTR is the link to FTE just as HRT is the link to HSV. While it's good to have Fords winning and doing well, it's a must to have FTR at the front of the grid. This sends a message that the FTE cars are made of the right stuff.

We must have something wrong with our thinking then mate as I think we are a minority. I wrote a letter to G.P. on the subject (and others) and got no reply:( Must have been something I said.

I was up at my dealership this morning trying to get more members for the club and got talking to some of the guys. The dealer manager claimed that XR sales had gone up 60% since Craig joined Ford. As some might imaging I had just a little bit to say on the issue;) . For people like us, it wouldn't make one once of difference which Ford one. Maybe it doesn't matter at all.
But I bet someone who really isn't a fan of racing and reads the paper would be swayed by the Head lines "Ford Tickford Racing win again" It is a head line that gets the word "Tickford" into the public eye. It this sort of stuff that gets people thinking "what is Tickford" and just maybe if they see it enough you might get people into a dealership you wouldn't normally see. Racing is wasted money on me. Ford already have my support, it is the car buying public that know nothing about motorsport you need to catch. HRT-HSV see the problem?

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Your exactly right HSE2. Ford Tickford Racing needs to be like HRT HSV. The only problem is DJR are miles in front of any other Ford team IMO. Not everyone would agree but i think they are good at every track aswhere Gibson and SBR have dominated certain tracks and then been way out at others. If the Rat hadnt had such a bad Adelaide he would have been infront of JNR Johnson in the SCS and DJR would have our two leading Fords in the SCS. Im predicting he will finish stronger than anyone else from now on with Quensland there home track and Sandown been the last race where he dominated last year. He unlike Skaife will also have not much to lose going into Bathurst. 3 from 3 at Oran will be a good start.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I say ditch FTR completley, start a new team.
Drivers: Ambrose and Richards.
Seto? - sorry, but it's retirement time 'ol pal. But call him back for the enduros.
MY OPINION ONLY
* see's tempers fleare over the hirison... *
I can't spell okay?!:rolleyes:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hopefully it may encourage other sponsers to join in and support the raceing hopefully FORD.

Oh another thing nothing was mentioned about winning/driving in a dinousor class ? [spelling]

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
I say ditch FTR completley, start a new team.
Drivers: Ambrose and Richards.
Seto? - sorry, but it's retirement time 'ol pal. But call him back for the enduros.
MY OPINION ONLY
* see's tempers fleare over the hirison... *
*Becomes broken record AGAIN!*
Pritesh you phucking idiot! :fmad:
Glenn Seton can still race. He's just had a dodgy year for luck. OK Calder sucked completely, but if the fall of the coin had gone his way Eastern Creek would've been his on a platter.
YES! FTR needs a higher profile, but they still have two great drivers in the seats. This is an extremely competitive field and sometimes things just go awry.. Sh*te happens..

ebxr8240 said:
Oh another thing nothing was mentioned about winning/driving in a dinousor class ? [spelling]
What the??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts