Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i have had a rattley heat shield for the last 3 years on my car,
it is a week from end of warranty.
Its a xr6

in the past the heat shield on the exhaust has been adjusted twice for rattle
i thought i'd take in the car for a final work up before warranty runs out and the dealership tells me i need to pay 400 for a new heat sheild

it isnt under warranty!!!

can anyone shed some light on this?
i have a week to appeal before car is under warranty.

i would have thought it is a warranty item, especially that its the third time i'm getting it fixed.

on idle, it rattles very loud

regards

·
Registered
827 Posts
G'day,
without viewing paperwork, i'd say an odd ball rattle, that is clearly not wear and tear related HAS to be a warranty item.

The key to winning the battle here is documentation....the more you have the better your argument if it goes to court.

Maybe part of your approach is that you INDEED desire it to be fixed, and (if you have the documentation) that they have had a few goes under warranty (at no expense to you) proves it is a problem, that they have not attempted to resolve properly, merely apply a quick fix that would hopefully see it through warranty so they could get PAID to fix it properly....or even patch again and again.

Jas

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with Jas, I've witnessed several similar situations, they can be caught out, if they've touched it before and not charged you. Be firm but not rude, its so hard to be defensive when someone is being nice and calm. I would have thought the warranty would have covered the heat shield.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys

no fix
this is crap! i've been on the phone with head Q ford
and they dont even agree.
The heat shield has been fixed 2 or three times in the last two years and 3 weeks ago, i was told it was not a warranty item.
this week they looked at it again and suddenly its my fault! the car has been scraped which has caused the problem.

This is the first i've heard of this in 2 years!
3 weeks ago they never mentioned it to me, only when i start arguing the fact.

After mentioning that it has been fixed twice, they said, 'oh, they were helping you out'

unfortunatly this has finally crossed the line and i'm selling my turbo and not getting a new ford ever again!!!!!
the BA has been the biggest nonsence peice of $%$% that i have ever owned.
sure its got plenty of power and looks and comfort, but the build quality is shot!
pay 50G for a car and get shit!
we've owned 9 ford in out time, and this is the worst.
i'm selling it this week .
thanks for your help guys

·
I love my FORD!
480 Posts
thats a real pity mate.
good luck with your sale and i hope that one lemon won't put off fords forever. (all manufacturers have them)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts