Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Au's Gotta Lov'em
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little question that I hope you guys can help me with because Ford's answer seems to me to be a load of Bullshyte.
I have an AUI Fairmont with the Climate Control Centre in the middle of the dash. The question is that when you have the heater controls set to hot (or a high temp) and the selector set to Face/Feet, I get hot air at the feet but cold air at my face (a problem in Canberra, and yes the temp readout does go down into the minuses (-5 lowest so far). If the controls are set to only Face you get the hot air.
At my last service the Service people said that it is designed to blow hot air at the feet and the outside face outlets but only cold (cool) air out of the centre ones. ????? Something to do with keeping the driver awake or something (OR Frozen as the case may be).
Does anybody else experence this problem or have heard of this excuse??
I just want to be prepared (gas mask, gumboots & shovel) next time I take it in for a Service to deal with the Bullshyte (currently at waist high).
Thanks in advance.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Yes, thats so very true.

When on Heat and directed at Face/Feet It will blow hot air out at the feet, and cold air out at the face.

If you blow hot air at the drivers face. if can make them tired.
So the best thing to do when going on a trip and it is cold, is to select face/feet. This way the cabin heats up with the air from the floor. and the driver is kept awake with fresh air at the face.

If you want hot air at the face, put the direction on face. If you want hot air at the feet, put it on feet.

Why on earth would you want hot air on feet/face anyway?
Having the selector on either face OR feet will heat the cabin up just as quick. But heating your feet up first is the best way to get warm.

Hope this answers your question.

·
Au's Gotta Lov'em
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jaytyn for the response.
What do you know fact is stranger then fiction! Over time I have been little sceptical when it has come to Dealers with their warranty repairs or excusses.
But how am I now going to put my wife asleep on long trips so the right foot can do what it knows best?

·
2,153 Posts
When I hit auto on the A/C in my AU Fairmont, the heat is directed to the feet. Now that you mention it you do get cold coming through the face vents, but you can barely notice it. Also remember heat rises so I guess that is another reason for that configuration.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Yeah that's true what the Ford guy is telling you.
Like jaytyn & Aussie Falcon say, it's supposed to do it to keep you awake when driving. It's like that in my Au1 Ghia and it's been like that since the XD heater days.( that's if the XD heater/vents are working properly!)
Russell.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts