Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Ive finally gotten my 93 PGT!. A few questions, and dont forget I am a virgin GT'er so be gentle. Anyone who has swapped the Engine (whether an 03-ZE or 03-03) how long did it take you and would you do it again if you had to or take it to a shop? And also since Im going to be taking the engine out anyway Im going to be doing an ATX-MTX swap (which Im getting some practice with Pat_SOPOC and his swap). How long do you think the process of doing both at the same time would take? I do have some decent mechanical experience since I did have 2 Mustangs that I did all the work on myself, but Mustangs are easy.
The main reason I want to know is because Im going to have to use my parents garage because I dont have one and Im sure they dont want the car in there forever while Im doing this....
Any suggestions? (Myself or Mechanic)
Also, anyone who has had a shop do the engine swap, how much did it cost you?

:toilet:

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
I've pulled my engine once already and I plan to buy a used one to rebuild to swap it again. Total time it took just to pull the engine was about 7 hours, although it took me 3 days. I was labeling and bagging parts and taking pics to make sure I put everything back right. I went to the dragstrip a couple of weekends later and ran a 15.6, so I guess I did everything right.

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rotten97 said:
wear mechinics gloves or your have nice flech wound to deal with .
Hehe, I know that from working on my Mustangs when I had them... (OUCH THOSE THINGS HAVE SHARP PARTS!!!!)

Thanks HDP, that gives me a good idea of how long it might take... I really appreciate it
:thup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts