Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dunno how common it would be...i spose it must be fairly common as i cant see em making over 100k different keys.

just brought another ea (manual for conversion :D)

has the same key as my current one...opens the doors and starts the car....i was like....hmmm....dodgey
anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
yep its so common you can do the same with the xf keys..

its like one key fits all nearly..

thats why changing the locks etc is number 1 on my list of things to do to my car..

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
The way I was told it, Ford used some company to make the keys up to EA 30th, they only had machines that could cut something like 10,000 combinations.

Holden and Toyota did something similar, used the same company as each other up until the late 80's/early 90's. One of my mate's could get into his mate's Corolla with his Gemmi keys. Couldn't start it though.

Also chamber wear over time effects it too.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
I use an EA key on the XC out back :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
lol.. I used a VL key to start my XC once when I was f%*king around. mind you it wasn't as easy to get back out... doh!

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
tibbo said:
the barrell wears a radius onto the the keyways of EB-EL keys... its amazing how a worn key can start most cars
Ohhhhh crap........
Good thing for Aftermarket immobilisers :wnc:

·
Registered
725 Posts
My old Sigma key could open my mates Corolla for some reason. You could even start it up and drive off! It also opened another of my mates RB Gemini but wouldn't start it.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Since the tibble lock things came, and smart lock, the chances have fallen greatly.
But the old ones do it more.

And most falcon keys will lock other falcons, but not unlock em.

Apparently Commodores are worse, someting like 1 in every 6000 are the same

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
ALL Falcon tibbe keys lock each other. At night if dad or I notice each other's car unlocked we lock it with our keys. Also hours of ammusement at the motor show!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My mate has a "universal" x series ford key It unlocks and starts a rediculous ammount of old fords but not all so it aint quiet universal!

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
my marquis's key barrel is so worn i can start it with my house keys...

also had an XD paddock car that had a short flathead screwdriver jammed in the ingition barrel... awesome starter!

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
psycho chicken said:
ALL Falcon tibbe keys lock each other. At night if dad or I notice each other's car unlocked we lock it with our keys. Also hours of ammusement at the motor show!
I did that last year when the BA's were 1st at Brisbane International, I locked the XR8 Ute shut and the salesman behind me couldn't work out how it had happened!

My mate and I have also locked each others cars if they have been left open.

·
WHAT ARE U LOOKIN AT RAT!
118 Posts
hehehe commodores r really bad for this! I used to have a vh and i could open the door with a paddle pop stick. and a vc i had would start just by turning the barrel with ur fingers!! hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts