Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Just wondering has anyone experience a height difference between the left and right side of the car of EF/EL's. If so how much is it out by...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi EF_Falcon_Guy, Interesting problem I also have the same fault with my EL Fairmont Ghia. I have fitted Lovells FFL-47 at the front & FRL-42 at the rear and currently have a difference of 20mm at the rear with the drivers side being higher. I'm currently in the process of having the problem fixed and will keep you up to speed with the results.

·
Australian EF XR6 Member
155 Posts
Don't know if this is relevant or not, but when I purchased new springs for my EF, we were told that the rear RH and LH springs were different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Simon you are correct in what you say, my springs were marked, but only with texta on one spring D/S. The box that my springs came in were sauced from another dealer and it had being opened, we think that someone has at one stage changed a spring over, Lovells say thay mark there springs with a white sticker, not texta like mine are. They have suggested that I take the springs out & measure the height, diameter and the amount of coils so they can work out what springs I have before I go back and attack the dealer. Cheers Paul

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PA,

Yeah I got mine rectified so now my car is only 7mm lower on the drivers side to the passenger. I got a custom right hand coil from king springs and that improved it. I think if i want to correct the 7mm i have to get on of the leaf springs re-set.
But at the moment 7mm is relatively small compared to 2cm before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I now have a new set of Lovell springs fitted, I still had the height problem so I have fitted the springs on the opposite sides and now have an 8mm difference. (this I can live with).
Cheers Paul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts