Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chevy Impala Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I came over from GM Forums after the post war. Good job. My name is Noel and I live in Southern California, Culver City to be exact.

I currently own a 95 Impala SS (with some mods) which regularly spanks new Cobra's and modded 5.slows :D !!! I do own a 73 Mustang Covertible with a 351 Cleveland which has been stored since I bought the Impala. The Stang was my ride through high school and college. I bought the Impala after entering the corporate world. I also own a jet boat with a Ford 289 motor. I don't really care what I own as long as it American and has a V8 or V10!! :D

I'll pop in every now and then and tell all my Mustang friends about the site. Cool site too bad it doesn't look as good as GMForums. :D

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Juiced Impala said:
I do own a 73 Mustang Covertible with a 351 Cleveland which has been stored since I bought the Impala. The Stang was my ride through high school and college. I bought the Impala after entering the corporate world. I also own a jet boat with a Ford 289 motor. I don't really care what I own as long as it American and has a V8 or V10!! :D

I'll pop in every now and then and tell all my Mustang friends about the site. Cool site too bad it doesn't look as good as GMForums. :D
Welcome to FF, you own two of my favorite engines 289 and a 351 C. It's sad that you own a Impala now. j/k:D I like Impala's, especially the ones from the 60's glad GM brought the name back.

W

·
0 Posts
Hey, Juiced Impala, I was a avid fan of the Impala SS far a number of years, by the time I decided to try to find one, most are worn out and still over priced; finally gave up on the idea.

My current interest is to build a "Ford" Crown Vic SVT "Cobra Vic", Impala SS eating, four door comfort cruiser...may take me a few years, but I will get there.......

Anyway, being that you also drive a real ford product, you can't be all bad......

Anyway, keep in touch, I'm looking for anyone that has seen a Crown Vic modified to a 5 speed trany. Believe it or not, being close to Daytona, I've seen an Impala SS that was converted to 6 speed trany; it was really a nice job, haven't seen it in a year or so, but, I'm sure it is around.

·
Chevy Impala Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wyndell Bryant said:
Hey, Juiced Impala, I was a avid fan of the Impala SS far a number of years, by the time I decided to try to find one, most are worn out and still over priced; finally gave up on the idea.
It takes a awhile to find one w/ low miles and at a decent price. They are commanding a premium now and will continue regardless of mileage. Most SS are kept up because mostly enthusiasts and older people purchased them.

My current interest is to build a "Ford" Crown Vic SVT "Cobra Vic", Impala SS eating, four door comfort cruiser...may take me a few years, but I will get there.......
You gotta long way to go buddy. Most SS's w/ bolt-ons and a cam goes high 12's/low 13's. My plans call for a step up in cam, ported aluminum heads, 3.73 gears that's daily driven. I'll be playing w/ the Corvette boys for some competition. :D Good luck on your project.

Anyway, being that you also drive a real ford product, you can't be all bad......
Remember, it's been in storage for over 2 years. :D

Anyway, keep in touch, I'm looking for anyone that has seen a Crown Vic modified to a 5 speed trany. Believe it or not, being close to Daytona, I've seen an Impala SS that was converted to 6 speed trany; it was really a nice job, haven't seen it in a year or so, but, I'm sure it is around.
www.bigfastcar.com for 6 speed conversions and also visit www.impalassforum.com for all Impala SS. There's quite a few running 6 speed trannies, 11 second N/A SS's, 189mph turboed SS in Austria (built for the Autobahn) and countless other stuff. And there's some Ford boys defending Crown Vics, SHO's, and Mustangs everytime we bash them. :D

As far as your 5 speed Vic goes, obviously the tranny will mount to the motor. You just have to find out if it will fit and then all the pieces that you'll need to convert it. Another guy did research and converted his Caprice to A 6 speed using all factory parts except for a bracket that he had manufactured himself. COST - $150 for the custom part and a list a all the PN's needed to convert (for picking them up at the boneyard), instructions and pics. If someone puts their mind to it, it can be done. Cross your fingers.... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts