Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everybody. I know their are more sho owners than me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey there shopower. Guess a lot of people are at work.
i,m not working until tax season starts in Jan. then i won't have time for anything else. own a 91 sho and love it but Im putting it up for sale cause I want to move back up north- where I have family. are you from San Diego? I lived there when i was a little girl. Dad was in the navy then. Would like to visit Calif. someday.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SHOMOM10

I am a home grown San Diegian. Every little bone in my aging body was start in this wonderful but slow city. But 1 things, work should not stop a sho owner from expressing themselves all you need is about 10 to 15 minutes. Moving North? From where? Is north where they have road salt or just need money? And I am sorry that you are selling it. Are you savy About cars?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sho is the only car Ive fallen in love with i guess because it's s
both sporty and comfy. Being a female i don,t know a whole lot about the mechanical endd of it but more than the average girl. I don,t think i'm gonna sell it just yet. Only if I absolutely have to.
If I can get on my feet (making a move soon)without having to sell it I'll be happy.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah the SHO is an impressive engine. That's nice to hear that you are enjoying your vehicle, especially knowing that you are a female enthusiast. There are not many of them around. I'd keep that car until it fell off it's own wheels. I would love to own one.

I'll post in this area if other people do.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I had a freind that had a nice 92 SHO. Very nice and very fast. It was a shame when he got rid of it for a....Camaro....ugh.

Now if there were a way to stick one of those SHO motors in the Probe.....

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Trey, Trey, Trey! There is a way in the first gen! Think about it, since the Taurus has the 3.0L V6, as well as the Probe LX, that means that the SHO engine will bolt into the Probe since it comes from a Taurus as well similar to the 3.0L. There are some issues in the swap, but many have done it. There is one guy on Probetalk that has the SHO engine in his Probe, and it's even Supercharged. The mechanic down the road, he loves Fords and tuning them, anyways he said that he's seen other people with SHO engines in the first gen Probe, so it must be a fairly common swap. He said he'd help me out if I ever wanted to do it, or use some of the parts from the SHO engine, but I feel that will take much money, perhaps if the current engine goes out on me I'll go that route.

Anyways, was just basically saying that it can be and has been done..

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I know it can be done to the 1st gen....but since I have a 2nd gen, the space requirements are a bit changed. It's a tight fit for the 2.5 as it is....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts