Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm not sure if anyone's been following my progress but I've been working on a 2002 Ford escape RHD manual transmission I've just swapped an engine throttle body I found at the scrap yard with the same OE numbers and it wouldn't stop idling at 3000rpms I think it was just recalibrating though and it did finally sttle only not before my speedometers started to dip and fluctuate,well my car broke down yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump I can't hear it turn on,I can hear a click in the fuse box and have checked all fuses any way but there all in tsct,turned car over still nothing, I took the fuel pump out and put in another fuel pump motor but nothing I'm really gutted because switching motors was a bit nerve racking can any one help?

·
Administrator
8,378 Posts
Check the fuel pump inertia switch and see if it has tripped. Its located behind the kick panel just below the glove compartment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello cheers for your replay ,Yeah it's still depressed in,I've just removed the motor from the fuel pump and hooked it up to the battery it's still functional I've put that into another fuel pump housing with different connector still not pressurizing, I'm not sure what to do now,I'm gonna start trying to test for continuity down the harness from the fuse box under the bonnet/hood, Im hearing a clicking when I turn the key from the left of the car is that from the kick panel fuse box or engine fuse box? Its weird I've got control of the dash board instruments and my 4x4 light is coming on....is there more then one relay or fuse that governs the fuel pump?

·
Super Moderator
8,465 Posts
Depending on design, a relay may still click without providing continuity on the closed contacts. You will have to get a multi meter and determine if the relay is lying or not with it's click. I believe there's just one relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts