Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I got a problem I'm hopin someone could help me with. I have a 93 SHO and whenever I'm just sitting there idling, it will just die like I've killed it. It's a stick also. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
bballcat03 said:
Hey all. I got a problem I'm hopin someone could help me with. I have a 93 SHO and whenever I'm just sitting there idling, it will just die like I've killed it. It's a stick also. Any ideas?
Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve? Don't know if the '93 SHO has one but I have heard the IAC can cause idle problems. Do you have any other driveability problems?

·
Registered
198 Posts
How is the fuel pressure, 93 MTX SHO did not like to idle and would die at stop signs just before the fuel pump went out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is, it's not every time I stop, it's every once and a while, which is what makes it weird. I'll look into the fuel pump thing though. Could it also be that it says "premium recommended" and the last persont to drive it, filled it up with 87?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes it could be the fuel, I know my SHO does not like the 87octane. Have you changed the fuel filter? I change mine every spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts