Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have had a little accident, broken the Res/Coast button off from the steering wheel, anyone know if these can be replaced/repaired, how do I replace if this can be done?

Thanks,

Baz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks xts220,
Reversing & Turning towards trailer and sort of scraped the button forward with my little finger, broke off one of the tiny little tabs that hold the button in, swore like a trooper.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The worst part is that the parts are now made by Ford.They were originally sourced from another supplier but they stopped manufacturing them(approx $80),now Ford manufacture them and they've more than doubled in price.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It might well be worth going to a junk yard or something and seeing if you can find the bits there and do it yourself.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hardest part changing yourself is getting hold of the tool to undo airbag part of wheel
And dont forget to disconnect battery before you start
It probably takes about 5 min to do

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
ER9C888A is the cruise section only - RRP around $95.

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all who posted, did try ford spare parts who told me it only came as both sections - cruise control + audio and quoted $208. Wreckers/junk yard would be an option, but where I live there is a very limited selection, did think of ringing around the Melbourne wreckers. In the end I did a repair job with the super-glue (not shure how permenent this will be, but almost 1 week now and still o.k.) it was a very delicate operation (should have been a brain surgeon!!!) thanks russelw for the part number and price, if the repair doesn't last I will now be armed with the right info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts