Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of a squeaky fanbelt or drive belt on a BA. Happens when the car is cold once the temp comes up it goes away. It's been back to the dealer 4 times now to fix it. They tried a dry lube a wet lube adjusting the belt ect.. The lube works for a short time but when it dries out the squeak returns. Someone at work told me to try soap on the belt. This works as well but it dries out too. Each time it returns it gets louder. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before I go mad!!!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Sounds like belts are not aligned correctly, dealer fix though, have a good look if all the pullies seemed to be in aligment, they may have to space something out slightly, just a guess really, but can't hurt to look.

Jason

·
Old Ford Fan
340 Posts
maybe remove the belt, scotchbrite the pulleys/idler/belt to remove all the belt dressing residue...my camaro did this, cleaning the pulleys seemed to take care of it-
I think it mine might have started from overspraying the spray wax at carwash into the grille- did it first soon after washing, tried belt dressing, soap...kept coming back louder. scuffed all the 'stuff' off and it went away.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Try a search here. I seem to vaguely remember seeing something similar before. I thought it was a relatively well known fault in some BA's and they have a fix for it now . . . (of course I could be wrong!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had the same problem with my ba xr6. took it to ford service center and they changed all the 5 pulleys/ discs that connects the belt. this was only 2 weeks ago. no charge to me at all as it was still under warranty.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
try removing the belt and putting it on the other way around and see if it helps.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Idler bearings??? :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts