Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys….

so this is my first FORD car and I need so clarifications as to how some stuff work on it.
1: My 2012 Ford EGDE limited edition, does not display the ENGINE TEMPERATURE, so am scared how do I know of the engine is overheating and all.

2: On Ford website I checked to know if my car software needed an update and yes it actually needed and I had downloaded the software from their site and did all that was instructed, upon trying to update the software,all I get within 2 seconds is that my car is updated, then again the update wasn’t successful.

Then another error that state the following
”installation Failed The installation has run out of space or does not work with the version.

The current version on my car is
3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT.

please any advise on what to do please?

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Can't help you on the Sync end, but the car may not tell you the engine temperature, but it will throw a code if you are overheating. If yours has the message center, it gauge has to be enabled in the multi function display. If yours is not equipped with the display, I suggest investing in a blue tooth OBD II reader that plugs into the OBD port. It will inform you of everything the dash will not if you have an issue.

Hopefully someone who is more versed in Sync can help you with the update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Guys….

so this is my first FORD car and I need so clarifications as to how some stuff work on it.
1: My 2012 Ford EGDE limited edition, does not display the ENGINE TEMPERATURE, so am scared how do I know of the engine is overheating and all.

2: On Ford website I checked to know if my car software needed an update and yes it actually needed and I had downloaded the software from their site and did all that was instructed, upon trying to update the software,all I get within 2 seconds is that my car is updated, then again the update wasn’t successful.

Then another error that state the following
”installation Failed The installation has run out of space or does not work with the version.

The current version on my car is
3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT.

please any advise on what to do please?
Not sure if you found the answers, but as far as the temp goes, you can choose the "view" by pressing the forward arrow on the left side steering wheel when you are in the settings. You can choose RPMs, temp, fuel, to display together. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mike
2012 Edge Limited

1 - 3 of 3 Posts