Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install back-up lights in the rear valance of my 64 1/2 convertible. Problem is I don't have a pattern for the holes AND I'm afraid of screwing up my paint. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to proceed?

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob: So now I've got a pattern for the holes. How do I place it on the valance in the proper position? BTW, yes, they will be factory B/U lights.

·
Mustang/Cougar Member
272 Posts
I wish I still had my 66. Can someone measure their back up lights on a 64 1/2 - 66, the distance from the side, top, and bottom of the valance for Superdave? :s5

I believe they are about an inch from the bottom and based on this pick I pulled off the internet. It looks like the inside edge is lined up with the bolts on the rear bumper.

Attachments

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob: Thanks for the reply and the pic. I've heard that Mustang Monthly published a template for the B/U lite holes. I'm going to try to locate it. If I can't, I will find a new valance with holes and make a template. That is probably the most accurate way to approach the problem Thanks for your help!

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
damn, i have an unpainted GT rear valance just sitting up in my garage.

dave, i will try to get some measurements for you. i'm not too good about putting templates together, otherwise i'd offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts