Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Hotshot CAI tonight and I am having a small problem. My car idles at extremly low rpms.....and almost stalls out. I heard of this happening to another probe owner but I dont know how they fixed it. I am really in a jam as I have no idea what to do. Everything is connected perfect as I have checked it all about 5 times at least. Please post any ideas you may have as to what I should do. Thanks!!!

H

·
0 Posts
adjust your TPS as per the procedure above, do that first for sure.

if you're still having a problem, check to make sure you plugged the wiring harness for the VAF in securely, and that the rear PCV fitting that plugs into the back of your throttle body elbow didn't get loosened somewhere along the line. Vacuum leaks are bad :p

Also, make sure you didnt tighten down the clamp that attaches the hotshot's downpipe to the front of the VAF too tightly. That can restrict the cone inside the VAF from moving properly and throw off your fuel delivery, causing a bad idle. Check it. Like vanilla ice.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
the tps is the Throttle Position Sensor. it's located on the throttle body, just left of the intake elbow. it will be black with a shiny lable on it.

adjusting it is fairly simple. you will need to jump the TEN and GND pins. then, turn your ignition switch to the ON position (remember not to start your vehicle).

from this point, loosen the two bolts holding down the TPS. move it slightly either way until the radiator fan comes on, then move it back just enough until it goes off. tighten down the bolts and you're set. remove the jumper and start up your vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks sooooo much I will try it tomorow morning and let everyone know how it goes. thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i have 1 more question. I found the tps but where are the two pins that I have to jump located and what do I use for a jumper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I found the two pins, in the diagnostic box, but what do I use to link them togethter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I adjusted the tps successfully, now my car doesn't act like it is going to die when it is idling!! It still idles at very low rpms though-is this ok or is there something else I should check or adjust. Thanks for all of your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just give it about a week or so....your car can take up to three weeks for the computer to adapt to any modifications that you make to the car. Especially something like a CAI. THe engine is getting a lot more air and it's a lot more free flowing, so it needs time to adjust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts