Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i need your help. I have stupidly lost the peice that goes onto the tool that you take the locknuts off your wheels with. As a result, I cant get the locknuts off my wheels! I have 14' Cheviots - Is it possible to just purchase another? Or would I have to somehow get the locknuts replaced with a new set?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I cant drive my car at the moment because of risk of copping a flat.

Cheers.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Some brands list the key "number" that you had for your set, and I assume you should be able to get a replacement from them. Of course this assumes that you can remember the brand and key number :)

If not, I think you'll need to undertake some creative removal procedures, and buy some new lock-nuts . . .

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
large sockets may work well

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
You'll often find that a large tyre retailer will have all sorts of lock nut sockets handy for those moments when the have a car to fit but the socket and or owner aren't handy.

Half the time they'll have something that'll get the nuts off so worth a try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bash on a 23 mm socket with a hammer, this has worked for me in the past9 and I don 't mean in the middle of the night)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts