Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Probe GT Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry to put this in this forum but I MUST get on my way home in the next few hours and this gets the majority of the traffic.

My car has been sitting in the student parking lot for the past week. It has started easily and strong every time I have tried before and now it wont fucking start. There is a new battery in there and it cranks over strongly but wont start. I tried resetting the fuel cutoff switch but no luck. I pretty sure gas is getting to the engine because after a bunch of cranks I smell gasoline. I pushed on all the plug wires to make sure they are snug and still no luck. HELP ME!!! I NEED TO GO HOME!!!

·
0 Posts
have you gone over any big puddles of water? what modifications do you have?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Have you tried looking at the vaf? Im not too familiar with the gt's. Im going to copy this into the gt forum for you, so you can get more exposure. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
have you had any problems with your distributor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alright man i know what your talking about on the starting, it happen to me. You might have a stator/distibutor problem. I had it about 3 months ago. Let me tell you it isnt cheap. Luckly i have a warranty on my car. it went out on my car, but there just enough left on the part to start once and awhile and then die about 5 mins later and not start the rest of them day, and if it did my car smelled like total gas, I think it smelled this way because it burned out my fuel pump also. I took my car to ford and had the fuel pump fixed thinking that was it, the stator went bad. The stator part alone was 1,000 dollars and now my car runs really good. So that might be your problem your stator/distibutor has gone. but it could be something else that just what my problem was.
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts