Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've picked up another Probe hood, and I wanna do something with it. Scoop or vents, not both. Can you buy an aftermarket scoop that is similar to the Impreza scoop? If so, where can I get it. I will only do a scoop if this is possible. And finding a Subaru scoop here is impossible.

Also, I'd love to hear all suggestions on what to do.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i work at autozone and i know we can order hood scoops and vents, there are alot of different seletions and other stuff to choose from. if not ill see if my friend can "borrow" a hood from a junk yard. but i dont think he will have every much luck. :rockon::freak::fmad:

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do you mean "borrow" the hood. what kind of hood?

·
Southern Probe Owner
99 Posts
I grafted some functional Mustang Cobra hood scoops in to mine. One acts as a ram air, the other helps in cooling the engine bay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
save yourself the trouble..

GET A CARBON FIBER HOOD!!!!!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Re: save yourself the trouble..

PerformanceX said:
GET A CARBON FIBER HOOD!!!!!!!
YOU KNOW ANY COMPANIES THAT MAKE STOCK QUALITY CARBON FIBER HOODS?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Re: save yourself the trouble..

ProbeBandit said:

YOU KNOW ANY COMPANIES THAT MAKE STOCK QUALITY CARBON FIBER HOODS?
Not to mention the $5+ gazillion bucks you'd have to pay for one! There are 100's of scoop & vent options out there that have yet to been grafted to a Probe Hood. Try molding in one of the 1960's Ford Tear-drops (originally placed on the Ford Thunderbolt Drag cars):thup: oranything other than the SS hood scoop. Be different! and besides, it'll cost ya' a whole lot less! :s5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts