• Save my cash and buy some rims

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
96 EF Futura
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a few hundred dollars spare that I want to invest into my EF sedan

Im thinking out of the following

Cam
Cat back exhaust
DBA slotted rotors
or save the money and buy some wheels in the future

From experience do you guys find that the I6 responds better to a Cam before exhaust or vice-versa, or should I save up and do the whole exhaust system at once?

Attachments

·
GOT MILK??
215 Posts
get the cat back best $280 i spent:hy: and gives you a bit more go.

do your cat back and headers before you do the cam or just save your cash and get a JMM kit:)

Nick

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
to get the most benefit from the cam, do the full exhaust system first (inc. extractors).

id do the exhaust. and btw i do have a quote for those hubbies for you ;).

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
SiX_iN_a_RoW said:
Cam
Cat back exhaust
DBA slotted rotors
or save the money and buy some wheels in the future

From experience do you guys find that the I6 responds better to a Cam before exhaust or vice-versa, or should I save up and do the whole exhaust system at once?
Exhaust and headers should always be done before any other engine mods, and in that order if done seperate.

Cam is next.

Don't bother with rotors unless yours are actually stuffed. Fit better pads and flush fluid if you want a cheap brake improvement, as upgraded rotors do next to nothing.

Wheels are always nice, but, I'd put them further down the list.

Rick.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
yeah i say exhaust..thats the only "serious" mod i have done so far and it was worth every cent.

Im yet to do headers or any engine work but im just going to save for a dev3hl kit and get it all done in one wack.

Do FF or e-series members get discounts at JMM btw?

Also if the dev3hl kit costs 2700, and I already have the exhaust that is worth 300, obviously I dont need a new zorts and the kit will be about 2400/2500?

·
White Lightning
514 Posts
Another one for extractors/zorst then a cam. leave the wheels on, looks like a mad sleeper.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
id go a $2 can of silver paint from Clints for the Bling Rims, then down to the exhaust shop which will also allow for the Bling Rims to dry properly on the way.

·
EMW ??? Whats missing ?
1,092 Posts
. My eb with cam only wade 1004 and cat back, used to flog my mates el with exhaust and extractors..

Id get the CAT back system prob 200-300 bucks, and a small wade grind for $120
So for around the 400-450 mark you will have a decent power increase, extractors may blow ya budget a bit. You will get more from a wade and cat back than extractors alone

·
WHAT THE?
925 Posts
definately go the cat back exhaust! Will be around $250 for a 2.5" mandrel bent system and will give a small performance gain and nice note. Definately the starting point for engine mods. AND KEEP THE STOCKIES BLACK! It looks tough bro!

·
what u lookin at
777 Posts
i reckon u should paint the stockies up silver!! instead of that "hit a few kerbs, lost a couple of hubcaps, took the other off".....
i actually voted for rims, but paintin up the stockies and a cat back exhaust would be the way imo

·
HYPER-6
593 Posts
i would go catback exhaust and extractors and then also a little bit of intake mods (high flow filter, bigger snorkel, etc). and then get a cam put in... wade cams are a nice cheap option. I wouldn't worry about slotted rotors unless your rotors are stuffed. I have slotted rotors on my car and I don't think they make a huge difference in braking performance.. i think its more to stop brake fade, the slots keep them cooler.

Saving for mags would be good too.. just depends on whether you want to make your car look better first or go better... hard decision really.

·
96 EF Futura
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanks for the suggestions guys...
The rotors have been machined once already but are starting to get a slight shudder again. Im leaning towards the exhaust...wheels would be nice, but could probably wait.
I just spoke to one of my old friends ( actually works at race exhausts in capalaba ) and he may be able to get me a good deal on a full system. What type of Pacemakers do you guys recommend for the I6? There are a couple available and I think i would be better off with the version with small primaries like the mock headers. Anyon ehave a part number for these?

·
HYPER-6
593 Posts
I would get the newer 'competition' pacemakers, I've heard that they are better than the normal older ones. they are the twisty shaped looking ones sorry dont know the part number

1 - 15 of 15 Posts