Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I feel I have to tell someone to get this off my shoulders and I'd like to see if anyone else experiences this.

Last night i'm driving round Springvale Rd Melb. in the Futura when this smartarse in a Toyota Echo 'Sportivo' (you know, the ones that have been tarted up like a cheap prosty for an extra few G's) with an aftermarket rice cannon, passes me at about 30 k's over the SPeed limit.. Then we both stop at a Red light.
Now my first reaction was to just leave it be, but then this little rat creeps forward to line up for a drag. Knowing that the big falc would blow him outta the water and to bring him down to earth, Naturally I smoked the shit out of him..........

Thing is, Afterwards I felt soooo guilty and a wave of anxiety spread over me wondering whether or not I should have hammered her like that. I keep worrying that things are going to happen as a result of hammering the car, like oh, an engine blowing up, oil leaks, and smoke blowing, and I feel REALLY guilty cuz the futura's in great condition and I dont wanna be the little shit that causes problems because i have a very heavy foot from time to time...

Does anyone else have this 'post hammerage' attack of the guilts and any remedies for it!??? You will probs think im a crazy bastard but I just had to get it off my chest!! lol

Thankyou Doctor

Cheers,
-XR6child

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
I too feel guilty after being a little rough on my car :/

I suppose the best thing you can do is buy her a gift for her good work, or give her a polish or do something nice (try to avoid flowers as they will only die in the heat)

Maybe there is something shes wanted for a while? :p

hehehe

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Well, they way I fugure it virtually everything done by car makers is a bit of a compromise to ensure the car is never stressed, and that includes the red line. So really, even if you redline it once in a while, you are still driving in the tolerances of the car. No need to feel guilty at all.

Oh, and in my case, I have the VCT engine which BEGS to be taken over the 3700 rpm mark (where the cam changes) on a regular basis so I oblige.
And as blueraven said, wash her, clean her and buy her gifts.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
i get feel guilty when you pull up at home and the headers creak and crack from being heated up after a little strapping...That noise is a tell tale sign of giving her a hard time.. Oh well like some 'girls' she seems to like it at the time..hahaha

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i do too feel guilty sometimes... for example when ive been givin it a hard time all of a sudden ill go easy and shortshift it... i figure a good revin every now and again cleans the cobwebs out..lol :hy:

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I get the guilts as well, and I start to hear, smell and see bad things that arent there like smoke in the rear view which is just a dirty window or hearing a thump and then having to watch the temp guage like a hawk to make sure it doesnt move.

Today I finally got my XF back from getting the disc brake pads and rotors replaced and after driving mums gutless EA around for a week I was practically sideways at every turn. I even made unnecessary stops to make sure the car could still arc them up and sidestep with no brake at all. Good news, it still can!

I had to make sure the brake people did a proper job didnt I?

Then when i got home my exhaust was making that you pushed me hard again you bastard noise.

Im sorry hon, I really am but I missed you so, so much. lol, no wonder my g/f is jealous of my car.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
I get the guilts as well, and I start to hear, smell and see bad things that arent there like smoke in the rear view which is just a dirty window or hearing a thump and then having to watch the temp guage like a hawk to make sure it doesnt move.
Same here!!! u think up things and ur brain messes with u even tho nothins wrong!!! :p

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
Ahhh yes... I used to be like that.

After a few years of that sort of rubbish you will soon turn to the dark side, which is: drive it as hard as you bloody can/want anytime you want and if something breaks then it was crap and replace it with a decent/better suited part.

Far more costly but it makes driving a lot more fun when you can thrash your car and it survives, then you go harder next time, etc. It is this that has led me to needing most of the running gear rebuilt. After the diff is done the car should be close to bullet proof!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think that despite the apparent protests, I think the car, just like women, like it hard and fast occasionally. They are left exhausted, yet exhilerated! :)

The car you bought is for you to enjoy - the occasional outbursts are worth any minimal decrease in lifespan.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
you know, you just know, that next time you see that toyota i's gonna have a ricer 4" exhaust... you know, to get more kilo-watts n stuff.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i like your motto xdc351... will have to put it into practice! lol :s6:

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
what? You drove hard in a straight line and your guilty?
ummmm give me your car that should make you feel better.
IT'S A BLOODY FORD! FORD BUILT TUFF! I bet wiping off a starlet is not going to stress your car.

I drive my car hard evertime I get in it. Been going perfectly (apart from a clutch that was already 6 years old) for over 30,000kms.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Yeah I feel this way too sometimes, I've found the best way to redeem yourself is to take it round the back, park it on the lawn, get some nice hot water and give it a good scrub and then a chamois down. Comes up looking great, and it makes you feel a little better about treating it like sh!t sometimes.

Either that, or replace all your fluids - oil, trans, power steering etc.

·
Hanging Around
1,209 Posts
hahah, im with xdc351.... exactly my theory in my EB.
XR6Child, dont be too hard on yourself, the falcons can take quite a lot and survive.

The only time i felt guilty was a few weeks ago when i coated my mates ute with rubber, for 1) i had to clean it off his ute, and 2) I gotta put 4 new tyres on, so its sitting parked for a month or two (although i just found a couple 2nd handy's off my bro's ea which may be good for a bit of fun in the meantime)

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! Helps a lot!!

I spose its ok, In the 5 weeks i've owned her ive redlined her like 3 times, so Maybe i should have more faith in her, she is, after all, a Falcon.......

Thanks again, feel much better!

Cheers, XR6child

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Sadowsky has it right I think. If the wash doesn't make you feel better, then a fluid change will. Flushing the demons, or something like that. I got the same guilts after my willowbank trips. Perhaps it was just me but I was hearing some nasty noises those nights, seem to be ok now :fraz:

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Drive it hard any chance you get .............. otherwise - get a volvo, a hat, and take up bowls.

Jason

·
Registered
104 Posts
My Baby likes it rough I rekon. She gets a bit antsy of I dont give her a good spanking every so often. I swear I don't take my foot off the brake at the lights and she still creeps forward, daring the ricers to a smack down!
A bit of sweet talk doesn't hurt either :)
Even the missus likes a bit of WOT to flatten those wankas and show them what a real car is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts