Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please. I need a ford expert. I need to tow my 2020 ford fusion SE hybrid 2.0 engine Front wheel drive. I'm hoping I can tow on a tow dolly . The manual talks about 4 down and on a car trailer. I thought FWD cars can be towed on a dolly. I have a bunch of opinions but no definitive answers by experts. I hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My concern is the video is of a 2013 Fusion. I need a technical answer for a 2020. The video may not be current guidance as it is 7 years old.

·
canuck
2,498 Posts

Vehicles Equipped with 1.5L, 2.0L,and 2.5L EnginesFront-wheel Drive VehiclesFront-wheel drive vehicles CANNOT beflat-towed (all wheels on the ground) asvehicle or transmission damage may occur.It is recommended to tow your vehicle with the front wheels off the ground by using a tow dolly. If you are using a tow dolly,follow the instructions specified by the equipment provider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Vehicles Equipped with 1.5L, 2.0L,and 2.5L EnginesFront-wheel Drive VehiclesFront-wheel drive vehicles CANNOT beflat-towed (all wheels on the ground) asvehicle or transmission damage may occur.It is recommended to tow your vehicle with the front wheels off the ground by using a tow dolly. If you are using a tow dolly,follow the instructions specified by the equipment provider.
Thanks. I dont think you're looking at the hybrid manual. That appears to be for the Fusion but not the hybrid. I've since found this cannot be towed on a dolly, only 4 down or flat towed.

·
canuck
2,498 Posts
Thanks. I dont think you're looking at the hybrid manual. That appears to be for the Fusion but not the hybrid. I've since found this cannot be towed on a dolly, only 4 down or flat towed.
Have you contacted the dealer to confirm which option is permitted? If it's FWD it should have similar rear end suspension and such, so having the front end on a dolly would seem the way to go, but you definitely want to be certain. If it doesn't specify in the owners manual that came with the vehicle (similar to the one I posted) as Hybrid models might be different. AWD versions need to be flat towed on a trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts