Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has a 1994 Ford Ranger, 6 Cylinder 4.0 , he has been having intermittent problems, when you get in the truck to go somewhere, sometimes it will start and other times it won't., during the times it won't start if you wait about 30 minutes to an hour and try it again it will start. Then there are times, it will start, spit, sputter and die. He took it about two weeks ago and had a new fuel pump, fuel filter and the fuel system cleaned completely and he is still having this problem. A friend of ours told us it might be a censor. WE REPLACED THE MASS AIR FLOW CENSOR AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. COULD IT BE THE Fuel Censor on one of the Injectors. It has been put on a computer for a diagnostic check , and we were told since the engine light isn't coming on that they can not obtain an accurate reading. So any ideas or certainly any information would be greatly appreciated. I just don't see putting money into a "Guessing Game" at this point....When the bottom line is, we just need to get it fixed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like it might be something in the ingnition system. Since it start sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, sounds like an electral connection, could be a short somewhere.

Your mechanic is right about the "check engine" light. If the computer shows nothing wrong, then checking it will not do anything. Besides, the "check engine" light only show problems with the emmissions systems. I had fuel pump go out on me last summer and the light did not come on. No warnings, nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts