Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having issues with my gauges, windows, and radio all going out simultaneously with what seems to be no reason, I’ve replaced instrument cluster, all relays, checked all fuses and am finding no problems, seems to be happening more frequently with the rain but not sure if that’s a coincidence or part of the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m having issues with my gauges, windows, and radio all going out simultaneously with what seems to be no reason, I’ve replaced instrument cluster, all relays, checked all fuses and am finding no problems, seems to be happening more frequently with the rain but not sure if that’s a coincidence or part of the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
My apologies, it’s a 2008 Ford e150,

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
No problem . I have had similar fault with some cars which was caused by low battery / alternator charging fault . What happens , if battery voltage drops too low it cuts out some " none essential " circuits temporarily to keep vehicle running . Whether this applies to your year of vehicle I can't say but you could get your battery and alternator LOAD tested , usually at no cost , to eliminate a possible cause .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem . I have had similar fault with some cars which was caused by low battery / alternator charging fault . What happens , if battery voltage drops too low it cuts out some " none essential " circuits temporarily to keep vehicle running . Whether this applies to your year of vehicle I can't say but you could get your battery and alternator LOAD tested , usually at no cost , to eliminate a possible cause .
Alternator was just recently replaced along with battery shortly after, however problem started way before that, having the instrument cluster, pwr windows and radio all shutting off simultaneously, with what seems to be absolutely NO RYME/REASON Whatsoever...

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Replacing the cluster or getting it repaired seems to be the cure in most instances but you say you have already done this. Not your vehicle , but on other makes I've had water ingress in a fusebox causing these kind of faults .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts