Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone can give me a step by step guide how to remove door trim on au 3 to get at drivers lock as sum lil flogger busted mine out and ford wanted to charge me 150 bux to replace a plastic block :wank2: when i got replacement part for 16 bux just need to know how tro remove the trim to get in there to replace broken lock holder

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
remove srews from around the outer edge of trim,
srew in center of door grab handle/cup

use a small srew driver to release clips behind plastic cover behind door opener handle,( put srew driver behind cover and find the two clips that hold it , push clips down gently until they release the cover )

could possibly be two 10 mm bolts ( depending on model ) one behind plastic trim mentioned above and one behind small plastic plug (pops out with srew driver ) higher up and towards the front of door.

trim should now be able to be pulled off door.
it will have some clips that will pop out when you pull trim straight out from door.

door lock button can be removed when trim has been lifted from door, let lock button come out top of trim and you should be able to pull lock knob off the lock rod .

that about it :hy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx i give it a shot as far as i could get in past was to get all screws round the door and it was like arm rest or elec where holding it back and didint wanna get to ruff with it

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
did you take the srew out of the grab handle/cup in the arm rest.

are you getting any movement in the trim, is it loose at all.

it will have clips that might need a bit of a pull to get to let go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts