Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, since the install of the dual runner manifold I cannot use my strut brace anymore and was considering instead of getting a new front swaybar to compensate for the now dippy front end again.

Does anyone one know what size the standard one would be on my car and what size anyone has fitted or can recommend to reduce front roll.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Your standard bar will be 26mm. You can go up to 27mm or 30mm.
IMO the 30mm is the one to go for, I have on on my XH.

Rick.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 30mm made the front end nice and stiff hey, did you get new bushes or whatever as well? Also where did you source it from? Just somewhere like pedders or whiteline maybe fulcrum or something and if you can remember what did it cost ya?

6pAc.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soxx, did you fit it yourself or pay for the convenience?

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
I put in an ELXR8 swaybar(27/28mm?) into my Ghia(26mm),and it made a noticable difference.
It was worth the $25 from the wreckers.
Im thinking any bigger may promote oversteer in my case (which can also be fun!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fitting too large a front swaybar will actually increase understeer, whereas fitting a larger rear swaybar will promote oversteer.

As Soxx said however, 30mm is a good size for the front swaybar.

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
I might give the 30 a go then.
Are Whiteline the only 30's around and what damage can I expect?
I have found an old ad for K-MAC sway bars (30mm) for EA to EL from 'just-in wharehouse' (0414 325 406),was $199. Anyone tried these out or have any advice or opinions on the way to go?

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Go for the cheapest as sway bars don't vary from brand to brand as there is not much to them.
Unless of course it is of the adjustable variety.

Rick.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
Fitting too large a front swaybar will actually increase understeer, whereas fitting a larger rear swaybar will promote oversteer.
yep - but they also help you induce POWER oversteer by giving the inside rear wheel a little more traction in relation to the outside rear, and power oversteer is always a good thing :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts