Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a used original 63 t-bird AM FM radio, problem is that it has more wires then the original AM radio. i really need help on connecting the am/fm radio.
the am/fm radio has;
on the side is a black wire and a blue with red strip wire.
on the side is a connector with 4 connections = one male and 3 female.
can someone please help me on how to connect what wires to where or what wires are to do what.
thanks as always.
al

·
1,134 Posts
i purchased a used original 63 t-bird AM FM radio, problem is that it has more wires then the original AM radio. i really need help on connecting the am/fm radio.
the am/fm radio has;
on the side is a black wire and a blue with red strip wire.
on the side is a connector with 4 connections = one male and 3 female.
can someone please help me on how to connect what wires to where or what wires are to do what.
thanks as always.
al

·
Administrator
12,238 Posts
Where is the radio located on that diagram? All I see is a power wire out of the fuse block & power wire to radio light.

·
1,134 Posts
Where is the radio located on that diagram? All I see is a power wire out of the fuse block & power wire to radio light.
:hy:YA!! I thought he just wanted the Wires leading to the Radio...and the Colors...Hmmm!! Let me Pull that up again..

Say Jim Can you give me a Clue how to upload pictures of my "Border Collie, and Shepard/Husky" for my helper Buddy?>?

·
Administrator
12,238 Posts
Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and create a free account. After you upload your photo, click on "continue to my album" and you'll see your photo with 4 different links at the bottom of it. Click on the direct link to copy and paste it and in forum message, click on the Insert Image and a box will pop up, right click on that box and paste the link you've copied from photobucket. I'll put together a how to in a little bit and post it.

·
1,134 Posts
Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and create a free account. After you upload your photo, click on "continue to my album" and you'll see your photo with 4 different links at the bottom of it. Click on the direct link to copy and paste it and in forum message, click on the Insert Image and a box will pop up, right click on that box and paste the link you've copied from photobucket. I'll put together a how to in a little bit and post it.
:hit::hy::hy:

Thank you so much....going there now...You won't believe what my Collie looks like..He looks almost a twin to your girl...

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
This is what the colors were in the early 70s and many wire colors didn't change.

Constant 12V+ Light Green
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Antenna Trigger Orange/Blue
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Black/White
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Black/White
Left Rear (+) Pink/Red
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Red