Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ED Fairmont Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help With Alpine Stacker connected to ED Monty H/U...

Hi everyone, Ive got a problem with an Alpine 6 CD Stacker Ive hooked up to my factory ED Farimont H/U. Ive bought an Adaptor from Alpine to mate the two, and now the stacker has power, but wont play any cd's. It just skips through each 'file' in the magazine as if theres nothing in there to play. Is the stacker stuffed, or is their some simple reason why it wouldnt be working?
Any help appreciated guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a problem with the loading mechanism of the stacker.

You can pull it apart yourself and realign the cogs or send it to a Alpine tech for repair.

·
ED Fairmont Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for your reply Warlocke =)

Is re-aligning the cogs a simple affair, with me needing only to have 'the balls' to pull the cover off the stacker and re-align, or is it an intense micro surgery style thing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Havn't done it myself, I came across the info when researching data on the stacker in my wagon on the net.

It seems to be a problem with Alpine 6 stackers, sometimes they lose the cog alignment when feeding a disc into the laser pickup.

The people that had the balls to open up the stacker had success in repairing the fault, so it must be fairly simple.

If you are mechanically minded give it a go, you would have to take it to the audio tech any way, this way at least he will earn his money ;)

·
ED Fairmont Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Ive got no problems pulling the stacker apart, I'll give it a whirl, and if it don't work the Alpine tech-e can fix for me.
Thanx for taking the time to reply mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts