Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990 ford festiva. Battery light came on. Replaced battery(it was time anyway) replaced alternator (also time so went ahead and replaced) all was well for about a week, now battery light is back on and lights are dim( did the same thing when battery light came on the first time) where should I start looking now????HELP! DAILY DRIVER TO WORK TO SAVE THAT GAS MONEY!

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
Check battery cables are clean and tight , try wiggling as they can corrode inside . Check all earths / grounds , especially any from power unit to body . Some had a ground on front susp strut tower , if so check for rust and good connection

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1990 ford festiva. Battery light came on. Replaced battery(it was time anyway) replaced alternator (also time so went ahead and replaced) all was well for about a week, now battery light is back on and lights are dim( did the same thing when battery light came on the first time) where should I start looking now????HELP! DAILY DRIVER TO WORK TO SAVE THAT GAS MONEY!
Check battery cables are clean and tight , try wiggling as they can corrode inside . Check all earths / grounds , especially any from power unit to body . Some had a ground on front susp strut tower , if so check for rust and good connection
thanks! Strut tower ground checked
[/QU
thanks! Strut tower checked and it's good. Terminals are clean....

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
Check your alternator charging rate . Try a jump lead on a good bit of bodywork and to good connection on engine as a temp earth / ground and see if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it may have been the belt was loose. Tightened it up and now it's fine. Hoping I just didn't tighten belt tight enough when I installed the new alternator last week.....hoping nothing is causing the belt to loosen up on its own....thanks for all your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts