·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article on Drive.com.au... Whaddya reckon??... :confused:

Mitsubishi pumps up VRX and Magna Sports
First Published:
Thursday, May 17, 2001

Mitsubishi has given its Magna VRX bigger wheels and tyres, and both the VRX and Magna Sports now get black brake calipers and door handles, and revised suspension.

VRX buyers also get a chance to option their car with leather trim and/or a sunroof.

From this month, all VRX Magnas get 17x7-inch alloy wheels shod with 225/50R17 Bridgestone Grid II tyres as standard equipment.

In common with the VRX, Mitsubishi’s Magna Sports now feature black brake calipers front and rear, black interior door handles and a black insert on the exterior door handles.

Both the VRX and Magna Sports also get higher-rate springs, revised shock absorbers and a new front sway bar.

The Limited Edition Leather pack is available for a limited time, although Mitsubishi hasn't specified its time frame for the option. The seats are trimmed with a combination of leather and black "sports" fabric.

Two combinations are on offer: black with red leather and black with blue leather. Instruments are colour-matched to the seat leather. The centre console gets a silver finish along with the two-tone leather-covered steering wheel.

The audio system uses eight speakers and features an in-dash 4-CD stacker, cassette and power radio antenna.

Optional on the Limited Edition Leather pack is an electric tilt-slide sunroof. The sunroof option comes with front map lights and courtesy lights in the C pillar.

The Limited Edition Leather pack adds $1,750 to the $38,190 base price of the VRX, while the sunroof adds a further $1,750.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
According to todays drive the XR6s get 17 inchs as standard now as well as the kit. They just need a much hotter engine i think. Nice of them to copy the TE with interior choices of black and blue or black and red though.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like they're getting in on the all show no go act. Could make life interesting if they get some big power from the mill..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah 163kw isn't much really is it? Truth is I don't think the thing can handle any more power through the front wheels! Last time I drove a 3.5 manual Magna I had the left front smoken all through first and in to second. The bloke in the fulsik VR wannabe was really pissed when I sucked his doors off. Rmember that the Magna is about 150kg LIGHTER then the Falcon and Commodore.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be interesting to see how the ralliart Magna goes when it's released..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
SIM EF6
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing