Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my mostly stock '83 XLT. I have 33" Cooper tires, 3.55 gears, 351w & auto trans. It runs great, I have no complaints, and no regrets. It's hard to believe the hills it climbs!

Attachments

·
Bronco Member
69 Posts
33's

I have virtually the exact same truck....except I am only running 31's...How is your gas mileage and acceleration?

hmm....
those 33's look really good on there! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! I'm not sure about my gas milage, the speedo is off because of the tires, but the best I can tell, I'm getting 12 to 13 mpg. The truck runs great, very good acceleration! I did advance the timing a little so that it would run better and turned the air cleaner lid over so that it gets more air. Had to turn the little fittings over so that I could reconnect the vac lines. I want to put a K&N filter on next. I use my 4 wheel drive every week on saturday nights. I'm a track official at Vallejo Speedway, and I use the truck to pack the mud track before the race cars come out. So it gets quite a work out every week. Plus I go hill climbing with the kids once in a while. They love it! It's been a very good truck and wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts