Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 Malibu LS with all the goodies. :D Bought it new with only 25 miles on it in May '99 (I put 12 on it in the test drive). It now has about 67k miles and aside from the brake problems that are inherent to that year for the model, it has been trouble free. Even lets me harass stock Mustangs every now and then. :D

Attachments

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it more a disgrace to drive a Chevy and post on a Ford Forum or to not be able to drive a Mustang to outrun this Chevy??

S

·
0 Posts
Chuggernaut said:
Is it more a disgrace to drive a Chevy and post on a Ford Forum or to not be able to drive a Mustang to outrun this Chevy??
OUCH:D I agree
<-------Fellow Chevy owner;)

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, I ain't the only one, Lunatic!!

Hell, you're one too for crying out loud!! LOL

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sheesh kids....youd think we can play nice...unless some mud wrestling breaks out, Im going to sleep! :nuts:

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LunaticSS said:
ya know i was jerking your chain. btw what are you doing here. dont you have a forum to moderate? hahahhaah
Um, do I?? Last I checked, the power had not yet been granted...

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heck, it only took ya 2 hours... LOL

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, it's cool, it's cool.... :D :D

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
hey, i can hop in my 93 probe gt and beat the tar out of that malibu. hell, i'll borrow my bro's zx2 and shmoke it. :p

ok, i'm playing with you now. my boss has one of these. not a bad looking ride, but i will always remember the malibu being a bigger musclecar. besides, his is always in the shop. yuck!

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
yeah lets see. malibu was a bigger musclecar of the past. no a fwd car. impala big muscle car...sorta..hehhe now fwd car. nova good muscle car of past..... now fwd car. What is next?

Camaro? what are the plans on that one? fwd v6?

i hope not. makes me lose faith in GM

·
The Chevy Guy
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey dmark, you're probably right. I'll admit that the Mali sucks off of the line (or at least when you're talking in comparison to sportier cars like the probe) but it handles pretty damn well for what it is and at highway speeds, it's not too shabby either.

I kept up with a late model Mustang Cobra coming out of a 40 mph construction zone until we hit about 95 when he started pulling away. But you gotta remember that my Malibu is all stock, so we're comparing apples to oranges.

The other part depends on the driver... you wouldn't expect it to do well in an SCCA event, but I managed to stay in the middle of the pack when they held a local autocross a while back.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
FWD V6? What's that? LOL I am glad we still have RWD V8 sedans here. BTW Iam known as Oz9C1wagon over at GMforums and LS1.com.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts