Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
I can take a guess that your car would be built late August and even on my EF, looking at the stamp dates on the panels and other parts showed that the build dates are from 8/94.
Not sure if yours is one of the first to roll out of production, but it's definitly on of the earliest.

Don't forget press and trial cars etc they would of been built earlier too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any known prblems that i should be aware of?

I cane it to the max at times and its served me well for 2 years so far.

·
My name is Forrest....
465 Posts
This is standard practice for the Car Manufacturers, Release date and production commencement date are not one and the same. This was the same as with VT, AU and TE Magna

C

·
0 Posts
EFSundeep - there are probably EFs out there with build dates up to three months before the release date - manufacturers will stop older model production and let stocks run out while they begin to stockpile the new model for release. I know one model which had a release date 8 months after the first production run was made - albeit a limited edition series at the time.

·
351 - What a magic number
772 Posts
EFSundeep said:

Cane it all you like!!!
Then YOU can tell us your problems!!

Seriously, they have been known to have ignition troubles,
and I think they also had problems with wheel alignments
and head gaskets....
Can't give you exact details, just what I've been told from
various mechanics..

Ed :)

·
My name is Forrest....
465 Posts
Cobra188 said:
EFSundeep - there are probably EFs out there with build dates up to three months before the release date - manufacturers will stop older model production and let stocks run out while they begin to stockpile the new model for release. I know one model which had a release date 8 months after the first production run was made - albeit a limited edition series at the time.
Cobra, Ford only start building Job 1 vehicles about 1 month ahead of release max.., AU Job 1 was in August , release in September, they go from 30 cars on day 1 to 400 per day in a week, Holden took three months to do this on VT.
All vehicles made pre Job 1 are used internally and not sold to the public..

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
The EA was released in Feb '88, and I think we have a few '87 models in the EA-ED Club.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
hey there jack ive seen 88 XF Ghia's did they continue the ghia after the gl ,s models were ceased??? the 88 XF Ghia was running a 3.9mpefi with the bw-m51 auto the one i saw had feb-88 on the plate

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
EFSundeep said:

Apart from the usual Ford Falcon maintenance. The engine can take a canning but i'd suggest you change the radiator fluid every year. I've changed my radiator fluid every two years and the gasket still went at around 210k.

Oh yeah make sure you use the right concentration of radiator fluid too.

You will need to get a castor/camber kit so the tyres don't wear on the outsides, also you get the benefit of a negative toe adjustment for better cornering grip.

Apart from that not much else can go wrong, people have said the coil pack and/or ignition can give way, but mines never missed a beat.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is intersting ..
Get this

XR_Strider_GuY said:

Oh yeah make sure you use the right concentration of radiator fluid too.

.... You will need to get a castor/camber kit so the tyres don't wear on the outsides.

Apart from that not much else can go wrong, people have said the coil pack and/or ignition can give way, ...
I always have a pipe go every few months.. whats the deal there.

castor / camber kit goining soon,.. after lowering it, my front tyres have lost all grip on insides

Coil pack ... yup.. changed mine a few months ago cos the old one gave way.

XR8ED said:

... Seriously, they have been known to have ignition troubles,
and I think they also had problems with wheel alignments
and head gaskets....

Ed :)
it currently has ignition problem, and wheel alignement (castors going in)
and.. head gasket... its done a few.

heheh

good on ya guys, so far i've had all the problems that you listed.

Spot on :) :hy:

so there arnt many that i dont know of.... so no more surprises i hope.. but u never know ..

and with the pipes....
geeezz..... i've doen three seperate ones this eyar.. and i still thikn one is leaking. (different ones everytime)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Knight
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing