Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the Master has done it again!!! got an extra 6rkw in 15 minutes nice one rob,
air injection wow more power down low and has a bigger throttle responce through out the gear change.
its just keeps on getting better, my ride now has 250 big ones at the wheels.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Come on mygt,whats this new device you have?Looks to me like it might straighten the airflow out,but does it work? Looks nice and shiney though.........................

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it has a unique core design to create a vortex air flow pattern,when you put your foot down,it disturbs the air with a tornado affect through into the air intake manifold
ive been driving her now none stop for about 3 hours and i dont wanna put her in the garage...wow what a thrill...

well done to rob and the boys, im happy very happy!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just guessing???... But I presume it creates a cyclone effect, thus increases intake air flow? Where this works great on the Boss motor, Is utilising the diameter difference between throttle body & plenum chamber. (ATM standard throttle body is 76mm & plenum is 80mm) This is true for both 260 & 290
By the way, I also have one of these on my Pursuit and the throttle response IS improved markedly! I dynoed today 253.9kws which ain't TOO bad, just for exhaust, cold air PLUS one of these intake adaptors? I can't give before figure, as 1st time I've run her up.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
mygt said:
it has a unique core design to create a vortex air flow pattern,when you put your foot down,it disturbs the air with a tornado affect through into the air intake manifold
ive been driving her now none stop for about 3 hours and i dont wanna put her in the garage...wow what a thrill...

well done to rob and the boys, im happy very happy!!!
greetings gino
glad to see you back on here and as always with something new & willing to share it with the rest of us

i have seen something very similar to this stateside & they had a lot of good things to say about them, the problem was that they only had them in 65mm & 70mm at the time so it was not worth it for me but now i guess we can all benifit from your test bed,

thanks gino & well done

regards
rod

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well the big question is how MUCH.......$ did it cost ?
Cheers John

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
That's amazing how someone can come up with an idea on how this work's,great work.but like above at what cost.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$395.00 retail includes gst, less 5% discount to F.F. members
plus $25.00 to fit.
cheers.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it works very well with the cold air induction.
i knew i had a high performance car with all the other mods herrods has done to my engine, but after putting the air injection unit in, i now have a Weapon!!!! it has fantastic throttle responce all over the range and heeps more power down low.
cheers..

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
seems pretty pricey for what it is....

could the same sort of thing be applied to windsors with similar results?
or am i clueless?

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Are you guys testing all these mods out in the real world or basically getting Dyno figures.In basic terms a 6KW gain would be almost impossible to feel and at the end of the day it all boils down to the driver.But neverless it is great to see so many mods been released on these motors so frequently.In the likes of guys like Herrod it just shows the growing demand for the BOSS's potential.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
if you where pricked by a needle would you feel it?

its day two and its going much harder than yesterday,the cpu has picked it up.
the idle seems to be more smooth, its breathing much better now.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ahh yes, It looks like the wizard with the magic hands has done it yet once again.

Now, which autodial was Herrod under?

cam

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Definately worth looking at.
Cheers John

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i had one of those on my auxr6 from the states with all those extra bits i didnt need. The alloy was very poor quality cheep as chips it cracked after 3 months, the helix thread wasnt continuous like the herrod ones are.Robs one comes with a gasket four bolts with no extra gizmo junk and presto the herrod homework is done Well. The inner thread design after testing from herrods for the boss 260/290 are correct and spot on.i belive there also making one for the AUxr8 engine.

cheers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Better give Herrods a ring and get my visa out I spose.............................................

1 - 20 of 30 Posts