Ford Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herrods was a quick blat up the ring road from my cousins place, so that was handy, not far from the Hume heading into Melbourne for those who might venture down for some work. :D It's a fantastic workshop, here's a shot from the outside.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Due to the guys visiting Bathurst, the place was not busy as usual, so straight onto the hoist.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before you ask 'what's the yellow blurred thing', it's not something you're supposed to see until the Sydney Motor Show so you'll have to wait until you see it properly. Sufice to say, it's very very nice, especially the wheels. :D

After a small delay waiting for the high flow cat, the exhaust was fitted by Ashley who works part time for Glenn Seton, taken for a fang by Rob to pick up some parts (used in the blurred yellow thing) then dynoed by Rob.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the result! About 123kW stock (with the bigger XR8/T-series snorkel) and about 136kW after the headers/exhaust fitted without any ECU learning. Since these are simply numbers, they fail to indicate that the car is now much better to drive, and sounds like an XR6 should!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The yellow thing very very nice and the wheels are fantastic $1500 a rim.

my car was in just before bathurst having some Koni suspension fitted heaps better and it looks s**t hot to.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Nice Dyno Read Venom S. Can you tell me if the Ramp Up used for the Dyno run was set at 100 ?? Also what gear was used for that particular reading ?? Curious ???

Nipper....

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nipper said:
Nice Dyno Read Venom S. Can you tell me if the Ramp Up used for the Dyno run was set at 100 ?? Also what gear was used for that particular reading ?? Curious ???
Good questions Nip, but unfortunately, questions I didn't ask! Perhaps Rob can answer them here, or maybe minge knows from his visits?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DONUT KING said:
What did you blur out on that photo? ;)
Since it's already been shown in other threads/urls, the yellow blurred sitting next to my car is the yellow Cobra RA convertible.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More pics. Under the car, after the headers are fitted.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the engine bay #1.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine bay pic #2. Obviously, the heat shield hiding the original headers had to go, but with the HPC coating the temps are cooler than original setup. Looks much better, I reckon!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
So have you tested the headers yet to see if they are cool enough to touch after just 10 mins like what Herrod told ya;);)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.