Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Herrod has a web site? I found a one page thing attached to a club site, but no real info.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an upgrade available on a drive in drive out basis. With full warranty and all that!:D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
As far as I know that one page is it. Their work does come with a warranty on the alterations that they carry out. What sort of info did you want?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just scoping around for info on what's available. I've been into the Holdens for too long and want to get to know Fords again.

If you were talking Holden/HSV I know exactly where to go for whatever, only now the XR8 thing is a mystery:p

I notice they have brake kits etc, I was going to option FTE brakes on my XR so its worth comparing. Thing is, looks like Brembos on AU3;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes by the time the new falcon gets here both the Tickford cars and Hsv will receive bigger stoppers.
Herrod are as close as you can get to an offical aftermarket tuner, but they are not the only guys around, but they do have links to the factory and their workers work under a secrecy clause.
How much do you want to spend on engine modes?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost of mods is dependent on what Ford come out with. I reckon my limit would be the cost of a S/C so around 7k. Also depends on the equipment of next XR - at present my spec comes to $56k (almost all options). At $56k we're looking at TE50, only I can't handle the looks of FTE compared to XR :p

Thing is to determine the best thing. Weigh up options of Ford equipment vs more power etc :confused:

I may just leave it standard for a while too....

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've pestered Tickford and Ford to do something about the XR8. From all the info I have got, there is a series 3 or something due around August/September at the latest. It WILL have the Synergy 220. As for equipment, Ford almost always adds options to the standard equipment as new 'Series' are released. I'm hoping the bodykit makes it as a minimum. Needs traction control too!

As far as I can gather the next new model is due 2003, likely March.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
My latest mail has the T-Series stroker set for early September...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It's good to hear stuff on an AUIII but as for the AV we've heard September 2002 for launch??... :confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
el2xr8 said:
My latest mail has the T-Series stroker set for early September...
Good to hear that too... I've heard late July into August so it's around the same time of year... :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well to answer your original question, the Herrod stroker is said to be good for around the 300 mark and last time I talked the cost was going to be a little more than the supercharger option by maybe $2 500:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing